Welcome to Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon!

Forum for the strategy game set during the 2nd War for Armageddon.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon!

Post by IainMcNeil »

Welcome to the forum for our upcoming game - Warhammer®40,000®: Armageddon™!

We're really excited about this one. We'll be releasing more information in the coming weeks. Here is what we have announced so far:

Having announced an exciting partnership with Games Workshop a few weeks ago, Slitherine are delighted to release further details. Slitherine have acquired the exclusive rights to Games Workshop’s “Battle for Armageddon” setting in order to create a series of amazing multiplatform, turn-based, hex-based games. Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon will make full use of Slitherine's expertise in creating compelling and challenging strategy gaming experiences. The initial game is set during the Second War of Armageddon and players will lead the Imperial forces of the Armageddon Steel Legion and Space Marines®from the Ultramarines, Blood Angels and Salamanders Chapters against Ghazghkull Thraka’s massive Ork Waaagh! invasion through over 30 scenarios, on the hostile terrain of the planet and its gigantic Hive Cities.

"It is very exciting to see a game like this come alive - I just can't wait to play it!", said Iain McNeil, Development Director of the Slitherine Group. "It's been almost 15 years since a turn-based strategy game set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe has been released and we think it is now time to deliver that experience to all fans around the world".

“The Battle for Armageddon is a classic event in the lore of the Warhammer 40,000 universe, having been detailed in games, models and novels over the past 20 years.” said Jon Gillard, Head of Licensing at Games Workshop. “Slitherine's masterful use of their classic digital wargame style applied to this seminal setting will delight fans of both.”

The game is currently in development for PC and iOS and will release in 2014.

Main features of the game include:

The game portrays the Second War for Armageddon™ in great detail, from the initial Ork landings to the final liberation of the planet;
It contains a large branching campaign with 30 major scenarios, plus additional 5 tutorial scenarios that explore the story in detail;
A complex plot, which can develop during a mission, right in the middle of battle, creating an engaging story line with unexpected twists;
Players lead Imperial troops of the Armageddon™ Steel Legion, with supporting assets from a number of Space Marine chapters against the ferocious Orks;
Fight alongside Commissar Yarrik and Commander Dante against the cunning Ork Warboss Ghazghkull Thraka;
Carry over battle-hardened veterans from scenario to scenario, using their experience and upgrading their equipment;
Detailed combat model with terrain, weather and morale effects;
Extensive modding options delivered through a powerful and easy-to-use game editor.

Some numbers:

Over 35 scenarios;
Over 100 unit types, with unique roles, stats and special abilities;
20 different units stats;
A separate set of maps are designed and balanced specifically for multiplayer via Slitherine's PBEM++ system.
razzafazza
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Welcome to Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon!

Post by razzafazza »

i ve been hoping and praying for a "Panzer Corps 40k" even before you guys announced your cooperation with games workshops - is this it ? my dreams comming true ?

Since there s no screenshots ... will the game be a lot like Panzer Corps ? i m hoping it is, since imho Panzer Corps looks (and of course also plays) just great for a strategy game, despite the lack of 3d and animations.

Or will the game be more like battlefield academy ? (please no - no offense to the makers or fans of that game, just not my cup of tea )

Anyhow, no matter whether it ends up being my dream or something different, finally a turn based 40k computer game after all those years is fantastic news !
rpgmaniac
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by rpgmaniac »

I was w8ing for a turn-based strategy game based on WH40k universe for 4ever my only disappointment was that the campaign will not include the most exciting Space Marines chapter, the Space Wolves!!!

But I plan to check it/play it anyway if the gameplay & the visuals is something like XCOM I hope the company have the talent, the experience & the founds to create a game so polished like XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

Btw when Slitherine finish with this chapter I really hope for them to consider making a sequel who will also include the Space Wolves chapter, I mean this is the most awesome Space Marine chapter! it deserve more attention! just read a few things here & u will get hooked instantly 100% -> http :// warhammer40k. wikia. com / wiki / Space_Wolves
ichirou989
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by ichirou989 »

Excellent news! And a great place to enter into the 40K universe. I had a lot of fun with the old Battle of Armageddon board game from way back when, so I'm really looking forward to this.

Did I mention before how happy I was when I heard that Slitherine got a deal with GW for producing games? No? Well I am! Now take my money!!! :D :D :D
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

Hopefully it is a new engine.
ShadowNetBG

Post by ShadowNetBG »

I really hope it's like Warhammer 40k Chaos Gate, I played it back in 1999 and I'm still playing it now :)
Feuerungsautomat

Post by Feuerungsautomat »

Cool stuff indeed! Cannot wait to get my hands on it!

The Emperor protects!
sshnuke
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by sshnuke »

Just shut up and take my money
mbpopolano24

Post by mbpopolano24 »

ShadowNetBG wrote:I really hope it's like Warhammer 40k Chaos Gate, I played it back in 1999 and I'm still playing it now :)
Ahh, fond memories. Good game, hopefully the new one can top that.
Elyrioth

Post by Elyrioth »

A turn based Strategy in 40k, can't wait. Will watch with interest.
Played the tabletop since the early 90's. Really enjoyed Final Liberation PC game way way back
Vesky

Post by Vesky »

Devs, I love you.

I have been a warhammer40K addict since I was ten.
I am twentyseven now and several armys further.

When I read the announcement it made me insanely happy.
I would give my left kidney for the chance to help you guys out, or help in any way possible to make this game happen.

I am so excited that my fiance is telling me to please stop talking about warhammer. :lol:

Cannot wait for more info and the first screenshots!
And if you need a tester :roll: :roll:
brettz123
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by brettz123 »

Now this looks promising!
joey101d

Post by joey101d »

the big question on my mind is what races will be available. there are so many in the 40k universe. I play tyranids, so im really hopping that they are included. could you release a list of the races you plan on including? it would be much appreciated, not just to me, but a lot of people probably want to know.
brettz123

Post by brettz123 »

Any news on this?
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

There will be some more news and info coming about this project around the Historicon Press Event, that is starting next week.
Dimokito
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Dimokito »

joey101d wrote:the big question on my mind is what races will be available ...
You should read the first post ;)
IainMcNeil wrote: ... will lead the Imperial forces of the Armageddon Steel Legion and Space Marines®from the Ultramarines, Blood Angels and Salamanders Chapters against Ghazghkull Thraka’s massive Ork Waaagh! ...
For anything else there are Addons. First one with Chaos and Necrons please! Thank you :)
Dark_Knight

Post by Dark_Knight »

My heart pounds with unbridled joy, a new Warhammer 40,000 game!
brettz123

Post by brettz123 »

Still no word?
sshnuke

Post by sshnuke »

brettz123 wrote:Still no word?
You can check this
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=43745
bigl_acisoft

Post by bigl_acisoft »

Any game specific e-mailing lists I can sign up for to get updates on this? Let me know when you get to the pre-release / beta testing stages and i'm there paypal account in hand ;p

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”