Army Building

Forum for the strategy game set during the 2nd War for Armageddon.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

Chowmeister
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Army Building

Post by Chowmeister »

Will there be a game mechanic that allows me to build my army over time? Basically just like how one would purchase miniatures to build an army.

I would love to be able to buy units in the game much like how one goes about buying minis for tabletop, especially if you can upgrade their equipment.
Dimokito
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Army Building

Post by Dimokito »

Chowmeister wrote:I would love to be able to buy units ...
As long as there are no Microtransactions involved!

And let me paint them! And let walk virtually to my cellar and pick them one after one from a Virtual Box before I put them on the Virtual Table :P
Truj

Post by Truj »

Gents,

I wouldn't worry too much.
IainMcNeil wrote: (...)
Extensive modding options delivered through a powerful and easy-to-use game editor.
(...)
It is aquote from that first announcement topic.

Buying, that Chowmeister mentioned: I hope you mean buying units like in real tabletop, i.e. 1750 points to spend on army...

And about microtransactions/additional cash: I would gladly pay for full expansion, but DLC like: new unique choppas for only .99 will put me back to painting desk and my games using v40k.

Cheers.
Dimokito

Post by Dimokito »

I don't worry but I also don't like mods!

Don't get me wrong, mods are great but I don't have the time to check out every available mod, fight with their bugs or imbalanced map- and/or unit design.

Or even worse: You are interested in a mod but the modteam stopped working on it ... cause life ;)

So I stick with the official Addons but I would never buy any Skinpacks for 6€ like in DoW II.
Wodin
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Wodin »

It's already been mentioned it wont play like the tabletop game..GW wont allow it. SO talking of buying armies etc is abit premature.

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”