Strategic/Operational

Forum for the strategy game set during the 2nd War for Armageddon.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

PanzerTax
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Strategic/Operational

Post by PanzerTax »

I saw the pictures in the previous topic and it looks like it will definately be fun to play.

I guessed it to be very much a tactical level experience on the same scale as the WH40K table top game, but will there be a strong element of the strategic or operational level?

The higher strategic/operational level wargame is something I think is missing from the scope of all WH40K computer games that I can recall, and would thereby be a new and exciting departure.

The Armageddon background is all 'mapped out' in the literature, and the geography of the planet forms a big part of the story - jungles, deserts, hives etc.

Personally some good big maps add so much to the story and atmosphere of any game, whether it be Panzer General or a 40K game :-)
Favourite Games Before Panzer Corps: Pacific General, People's General, Panzer General II... pure magic!
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Strategic/Operational

Post by IainMcNeil »

The plan for the initial game is to focus on the battles. We may look at something more for the future.
PanzerTax
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Strategic/Operational

Post by PanzerTax »

Ok cool. Thanks.
Favourite Games Before Panzer Corps: Pacific General, People's General, Panzer General II... pure magic!

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”