Eventual Scope of 40k IP

Forum for the strategy game set during the 2nd War for Armageddon.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

endur
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Eventual Scope of 40k IP

Post by endur »

From a tabletop perspective, Warhammer 40k was squad based whereas Epic covered armies (and supported all of the factions). I'd love to see a game based on Epic.

"Epic is a tabletop wargame set in the fictional Warhammer 40,000 universe. Whereas Warhammer 40,000 involves small battles between forces of a few squads of troops and two or three vehicles, Epic features battles between armies consisting of dozens of tanks and hundreds of soldiers."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_(game)
Lynata
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Lynata »

endur wrote:I'd love to see a game based on Epic.
Well, as has been said before, Final Liberation was basically this. I'd love to see a remake of this one, too - although elements of it might find their way into Armageddon. Who knows.

I think what made Final Liberation so cool was not just the bigger scope of the battle, but also the "look and feel" of the units. You didn't just move big icons around, but animated units, down to a few bunch of infantry. As squads advanced, their fallen comrades would remain behind, a grim reminder of the cost of war. Destroyed tanks left smoking wrecks. Buildings could be occupied to be used as cover - or levelled via artillery barrages. You got to witness hundreds of little soldiers digging trenches under small arms fire that picked off individual troopers left and right. All of this created a sense of dynamic, though the graphics themselves were fairly simple and even comiclike.

vadersson
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by vadersson »

I am so close to getting that working on my Win 7 machine too. I had it sort of working, but it was still unstable despite my best efforts. Man how I miss that game.
The Warhammer 40K games all need more T'au Empire units.

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”