If only

Forum for the strategy game set during the 2nd War for Armageddon.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

kayeld
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

If only

Post by kayeld »

I f i'd only had 1 more turn

kayeld
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: If only

Post by kayeld »

prolly not though
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

If I'm not mistaken, that appears to be the first map of the Ultramarine campaign. What difficulties do you think you are having with that map? There should be enough time to not only secure the Victory Hexes, but also preserve the Blood Angel force on the right side of the map. As a potential spoiler, the fate of those forces will affect the campaign later on down the line!
kayeld
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by kayeld »

i must be doing something wrong because i cant break through the first orc line
kayeld
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by kayeld »

i cant understand why im losing this scenario, msaybe theres something in the objecrives info im not getting
Last edited by kayeld on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties. I'd recommend making sure you are using your units effectively and efficiently first. I only see 11 Ultramarine units and it looks like all of your auxiliaries are defeated. You should always max out your force allotment at all times (it's 15 Ultramarine units in this scenario) and try and play more defensively with your auxiliary units. Use the support fire of the Blood Angel Devastators to hold their starting position effectively, don't rush them into the enemy ranks.

Check out the new Support Units tutorial for a demonstration on the power of support units for further information!
mdh_slith
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mdh_slith »

Not that I am an expert on army building, but it looks to me that you don't have any tanks or support weapons other than devastators in your army. It also looks like you focused on Hellfire Dread's and not the other with HtoH ability. In defensive scenarios, the Orks will get to your line and into HtoH, so at least one base Dread will help.
kayeld
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by kayeld »

mdh_slith wrote:Not that I am an expert on army building, but it looks to me that you don't have any tanks or support weapons other than devastators in your army. It also looks like you focused on Hellfire Dread's and not the other with HtoH ability. In defensive scenarios, the Orks will get to your line and into HtoH, so at least one base Dread will help.

i didnt have enough dreds to give you an accurate ratio., I see 2 HF and 2 standard, but thats neither here nor there...without concise victory conditions I can't formulate any type of plan.
kayeld
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by kayeld »

Kerensky wrote:Check out the new Support Units tutorial for a demonstration on the power of support units for further information!
please, oh, PLEASE link me to a good one or better yet, several good ones, please
kayeldee
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by kayeldee »

i finally beat this map
Dongmaster
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Dongmaster »

When in doubt, send forth your Dredds...
kayeldee
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by kayeldee »

Dongmaster wrote:When in doubt, send forth your Dredds...
sage advice

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”