Best Bang for the Buck Question

Forum for the strategy game set during the 2nd War for Armageddon.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

mdh_slith
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Best Bang for the Buck Question

Post by mdh_slith »

I am well into Act II of the game and beginning to field titans, but my infantry is constantly being shredded. Super tanks are killing it along with the Dreadnaughts. Artillery is doing its job. My question is what infantry is doing well for other people as my marine scouts need to be upgraded to survive any Ork attention and my terminators keep getting carved up like butter.
PlatedSorok
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Best Bang for the Buck Question

Post by PlatedSorok »

I go for Blood Angels Death Company Squads backed by Dreadnaughts, they've served me well.
DocD
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DocD »

I think in higher difficulties the Death Company Squad is a must have, the ratio between cost/armor and damage is unparalleled. But maybe you ought to consider that a 100 Point Steel Legion Infantry is basically Cannon Fodder, but it has its uses. The won't get any experience but a Titan or super heavy that fires at them doesn't fire at your super heavies or Titans. Actually I have the impression, that the KI leans heavily on " inflicted casualties ", which are of course high at the Infantry. But such a Strategy is not always wise, and you can use it against the KI.
Sadly there is the limitation of unit count in the game, which I dont like. The point cost should be enough - if anyone wants to field 50 Steel Legion Infantry Squad, let him.
carlisimo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by carlisimo »

In acts II and III, space marine infantry were pretty effective for me as long as I held them back and only used them on softened targets (with no enemy tanks/artillery nearby) unless they were in city spaces. In cities I didn't have to be as careful because of the defensive bonuses.

But I couldn't find a way to use imperial guard infantry without getting them killed in droves. They're usually slower and they're so much more vulnerable. Cheaper too, but you don't have enough open slots to fill them with cannon fodder. I don't think I was using support options well enough, but I'm still skeptical.

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”