Golgotha Campaign Finished, feedback & suggestions.

Forum for the strategy game set during the 2nd War for Armageddon.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

jujax_slith
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Golgotha Campaign Finished, feedback & suggestions.

Post by jujax_slith »

Hi,

I've just finished Golgotha campaign yesterday, so i wanted to share my feelings about this campaign compared to what we are used to see (in other dlc, pzc, soviet corps, ...)

At the beginning, i was very disappointed with only two types of unit to manage in core force for the first scenarios but after this feeling disappeared and i became more and more attached and focus on my core force.

I think it was an excellent idea to have a limited size core force (mordian units) and to have a deep insight on other forces for each scenarios.

I would like to see now other campaigns with limited core forces and specialized (chapters of marines, different kind of forces, orks, chaos, or easier for u marines & imperial guard with marines in the core force and imperial guards expendable)

For the scenarios :
Clearing the landing Area --> first scenario, no comment
Counter-attack --> good scenario with defense at the beginning and counterattack, pleasant
Breakout and Pursuit --> good point : take the forts interesting, bad point : the scenarios should have been longer needed to defend the forts waiting for reinforcements (keep with soldiers the fort the time the big reinforcements (huge numbers of tanks & artillery) came to blast the ork pressure.
The Titans Engage --> pleasant to play with titans & gargants without engaging core force so avoiding to lose our core force in inefficient points
Thraka at Bay --> long & methodic scenario, not very pleasant, but useful.
"We've run into a bit of a delay" --> very interesting & strategic scenario : the need to defend the road, make points of defense, strategic value
Retreat --> very interesting scenario to manage retreat
"We are Losing" , The Fortress of Arrogance, Oblivion --> EXCELLENT SCENARIOS INCREASING TENSION.

So contrary to some people who hated this DLC, i was very happy because of two main poins :

1. The scenarios have got events, logic and a strategic value, we know why this victory point is useful and why to defend or attack the zones (contrary to PzC / AC / SC where we go step by step, without nowhing why from victory point to victory point to have only a rush).
2. The core force is limited (in number & kind of unit) which gives more strategic value (contrary to the initial campaign where the objective was to buy the more titans we can buy to breeze the scenarios (was 5 or 7 when i made it // or going with Termies, Whirlwind, Basilisks, and other uber units...)

Go on the good job and use it on other games (PzC, Soviet Corps).

---> I was especially disappointed on Soviet Corps DLC ;-)

I hope this feedback will be useful for you folks.

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”