"Ork Expulsion" Ultramarines Expansion

Forum for the strategy game set during the 2nd War for Armageddon.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

BrokenScenario
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

"Ork Expulsion" Ultramarines Expansion

Post by BrokenScenario »

Hi, I'm having trouble with the Glory of Macragge expansion for Armageddon. The "Ork Expulsion" scenario is apparently supposed to have a Salamanders force arrive to help, or else the scenario is unwinnable. The post http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 35&t=67579 also says this but there is no apparent solution.

I've played this scenario over 10 times and the Salamanders force does not arrive. How can I get the Salamander Army to show up?

I've tried deploying different units, and moving/not moving the snipers in the lower left corner to search for them, among other things...

I emailed support and the response from Joe Miller was:
"I have seen on the game forum that others have reported the issue, and one customer said that they were having issues and then they reply stating they've now had this army arrive, but unfortunately they did not say how they got the army to appear. So it does appear that this is not a bug within the game, but instead a specific gameplay mechanic is needed to cause the army to spawn. Unfortunately on the helpdesk we do not know enough about the specifics of the game to advise on such a gameplay issue, so can I ask that you post the issue in the forum below? Then once it is posted, please do email me a link to your post, and I'll pass the link to the developer and hopefully he can reply definitively with what is needed to cause the army to spawn."

I have Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon version 1.10 of March 10, 2016, running on iOS 9.3.1.

Thanks so much!
sn0wball
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Re: "Ork Expulsion" Ultramarines Expansion

Post by sn0wball »

I don´t remember the specifics, but I am pretty sure you´d have to do something in the previous level! Keeping civilians alive, or something like that ? Its a bonus goal.
BrokenScenario

Post by BrokenScenario »

I've tried that but didn't get anything extra.

I think I'll just start the whole campaign over and see what happens.

Thanks for the input!
timek28
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by timek28 »

Has anybody solved how to win this scenario after all? Is Salamander army coming from south real option at all?

I've tried to trigger Salamander army to appear - I've sent scouts to all parts of the map (south), I tried conquering WH in the jungle (most right one), I've tried different army layouts - all Hellfire Dreads and scouts only infantry, mixed approach, close combat approach only, but nothing seems to work. I'm always around 5 turns short, despite making desperate push every time, sacrificing lots of units...

I've also thought about restarting the whole campaign and trying to pump up Dreads only army (with just couple of infantry units that are able to conquer WHs) as it seems Dreads are only ones capable of maintaining experience throughout the scenarios (maybe scouts as well). It seems this last scenario is extremely unbalanced unless that Salamander army appears, but playing on PC it never appears.

I've read only other post that talks about this issue and only one guy solved it buy playing on IPad but he doesn't state what is the trigger for Salamanders to appear. So I'm not sure weather it is a platform induced bug?

If I don't get how to win this scenario soon I will give up on it and move to the next DLC. It took already too much time and too many attempts. And I'm experienced player in both Panzer Corps and Armageddon so I'm pretty sure it is not my bad play.
timek28

Post by timek28 »

I finally found out what was the problem after replaying campaign :)

One has to choose different scenario prior to the Ork Expulsion scenario. It cannot be one in the hive, but one outside. The one outside gives the bonus objective to save refugees and also has several Salamender units. For reason unknown saving these refugees (or just playing different scenario - I haven't tested out both options), triggers Salamander army on the second turn of Ork Expulsion. Now I can achieve something more :)

Hope this helps someone out - if anyone is playing this at all :D

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”