Ultramarine DLC - Honoured Arrival

Forum for the strategy game set during the 2nd War for Armageddon.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

Khayyin
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Ultramarine DLC - Honoured Arrival

Post by Khayyin »

Hi,
I started playing the Ultramarine DLC on hard. I can beat the first mission "honoured arrival" without problems but I tried serveral times to replay the mission to achieve the bonus objective and save the Blood Angels and hold their victory hex. I just can't do it. I'm not even getting close to achieving the bonus objective. And by the gods I have no idea how to do it... What exactly do you have to do to get the bonus objective? Saving the Blood Angels may be possible when you give up the victory hex....

Did anyone achieve the bonus objective in the higher difficulties? If so how did you do it?
Khayyin

Re: Ultramarine DLC - Honoured Arrival

Post by Khayyin »

No one can offer any help? I still can't get the bonus objective.
What exactly do you have to do to achieve the bonus objective? Hold the Blood Angel VP? Not let any Blood Angels units be killed? Both? From another topic it seems you have to do both? The first time a BA unit dies a popup appears saying that your brothers have fallen, now you have to avenge them? If this happens the bonus objective has failed? So you have to save all BA units?
Solo4114
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Solo4114 »

I've done it, albeit not on Hard. I did it on Normal.

If memory serves, I pushed through the one urban spot where the Orks are, and then took the northern-most position and pushed eastward from there, while the rest of my force gradually worked their way over to the Blood Angels. The Blood Angels managed to hold out pretty well, though. Then again, that's on Normal, so go figure.
Khayyin

Post by Khayyin »

Yes I did it on normal too without losing one Blood Angel unit, but I can't seem to achieve this bonus objective on the higher difficulties. I tried endless times until I just stopped playing. The cryptic wording on the bonus objective doesn't help because I have no idea what exactly to do. Making survive every Blood Angel unit and not losing or giving up the objective seems impossible.

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”