Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

StefanDK
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

Post by StefanDK »

Just to be sure: I never play with undo, and it is my opponent (agentj23) setting the game up so I expect undo is off, right?
Shilod
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Shilod »

Game created. DCK - you are welcome ;)
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

StefanDK wrote:Just to be sure: I never play with undo, and it is my opponent (agentj23) setting the game up so I expect undo is off, right?
agentj23 should be setting up game with undo off
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
agentj23
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by agentj23 »

Quick question before setting up a game, i see a lot of in-game challenges with undo on, i belive the game doesn't show proper setting?
PS
Good luck to all participants in round three:)
StefanDK
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by StefanDK »

agentj23 wrote:Quick question before setting up a game, i see a lot of in-game challenges with undo on, i belive the game doesn't show proper setting?
PS
Good luck to all participants in round three:)
The game does not show it in the lobby, that is correct. Weird bug that must have slipped past testing many years ago. It has always been that way.

Look forward to playing against you agentj23!
agentj23

Post by agentj23 »

Thanks for a quick response. I will set up a game in a few minutes. Good luck :)
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

Sorry for the delay!

Here's a bit of a visual reference for everyone :)

May the best general win!
WarHomer
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by WarHomer »

I think the game between me and PaulWalwoord is corrupted.

First turn: many units didn´t show a icon in the purchase section and when placing them on the map they didn´t show either.

Turn two: same problem and the game keeps crashing.

I think the match might be corrupt and have written to Goose_2.

PS. No problems in any of my other multiplayer games.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

WarHomer wrote:I think the game between me and PaulWalwoord is corrupted.

First turn: many units didn´t show a icon in the purchase section and when placing them on the map they didn´t show either.

Turn two: same problem and the game keeps crashing.

I think the match might be corrupt and have written to Goose_2.

PS. No problems in any of my other multiplayer games.

I would say this invalidates the game and that the 2 of you should start again
goose_2

agentj23

Post by agentj23 »

I have to report a victory of StefanDK over me :). Great player great game, it only took us 2 days to finish it. One decisive vistory for StefanDK as Italians and regular victory, with me holding last victory point as Italians :). Thanks to goose_2 and Slitherine for making such a great event.
StefanDK
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by StefanDK »

Reporting in from Agentj23 and my paired games on Partisan Uprising:

RESULTS:

French (Allied) versus Italians (Axis): StefanDK victory (4 vp cities taken and an inch from capturing the 5th) on turn 21 of 21.
Italians (Axis) versus French (Allied): StefanDK decisive victory (all 5 vp cities taken) on turn 19 of 21.

After Action Report:

After some introductory skermishes amongst the most forward facing troops (recon/cavalry) on the center of the map, the paired games went in two different directions:

Agentj23 played the Italian side (Axis) very aggressively - in the good way - and pressed quickly on in the south west corner of the map where the Axis were forced to retreat to and hold the city with less than optimal forces. However, it did not fare so well for the Axis' ships - all of which were lost within a decent amount of turns. And even though the Italians had some smaller breakthroughs from the south and going north-northeast, the French managed to force the enemy troops to retreat back into the river and beyond. The central cities also kept the Italians at bay with fierce artillery and a little luck. In the north the forward moving Italian troops came to a halt at the river and were forced back. Eventually it came to a standstill in the center of the map and a breakthrough for the French troops in both the south and the north. In the south the French troops quickly paced east to capture the important city in the south east without much resistance. However, this did not go as smooth in the northeast corner where the Italians were able to hold off the invaders for quite some time - and when the time ran out after 21 rounds the French was soooo close to capturing the last VP city, but had to give up.

Screenshot from the end of that game:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8akiupfrtbrjm ... 1.png?dl=0

In the other battle (Agentj23 as Allied/French and me as Italian/Axis) it went quite different. The central cities were quickly salvaged by the Italians and held tightly with loads of artillery amassing on the fields of battle. Although the heavy French tanks tried to regain access to the city center and upland, they did not succeed. Meanwhile, the French navy was taking heavy losses, although the airforce did quite well. Soon the southern part of the map was overrun by the Italian heavy anti-tanks and eventually it came to a decisive battle in the south west where the VP and regular cities were taken. In the north it came to a standstill at the river (just as in the other game) and the Italians dared not to attack over the river in the fear of losing foothold and be forced to retreat and open a flank for the French to use against the Italian artillery that needed to be kept safe. From the central and southern part the Italian troops swarmed north and west and the last VP city was conquered in turn 19 which was the conclusion of the battle.

Screenshot from the end of that game:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzuii35zpbcdu ... 9.png?dl=0

I thank Agentj23 for a very nice game - and a quick one. I have never played that many turns a day in the 5-6 years I have been playing PzC!

And Goose_2, this scenario was sublime - I really think it had all the parts needed to make a great multiplayer experience. And I believe the paired option is the most fair. I think the Italians had a bit of an upper hand in this scenario although I managed to pull it off as both sides.

I will send this, the screenshots as files and the replays as files as documentation for the victory. Well, it is hard to see which side I played on, I guess, but I believe Agentj23 will not contest me winning our game.
agentj23

Post by agentj23 »

Well deserved victory StefanDK there is nothing to contest :).
paulwalvoord
2017 Panzer Corps Multiplayer Championship 3rd Place

Post by paulwalvoord »

Round 3 paulwalvoord vs Warhomer was an epic nail bitter.
In both games the Italians edged out a victory 3-2. And the deciding factor was prestige. paulwalvoord with 2300 as Warhomer had 1764. In both games Warhomer captured the center and paulwalvoord eventually took it. On the beaches Warhomer pushed and as the Italians he gained the costal city. But as the allies he just didn't have enough and eventually withdrew.

I'm not sure but the points difference might have been (when I was the axis) when in I put pressure on the northwestern city and Warhomer had to purchase some units to cover. Truly game could have swung either way.

Most epic moment was when his Battleship one shot my light cruiser with full health (must have been uranium shells)!
WarHomer

Post by WarHomer »

Yes, truly an epic game and tournament, and a great and fun first experience with multiplayer for me.

I think the prestige difference came from me using my last reserves (as axis) to take the coastal town below and reinforcing the middle (unnessesarily strong).

Good luck in the further rounds.
Leonidas048
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Leonidas048 »

Hello just to announce that I'm finally out of the tournament after surrendering on the 17 and 20 turns. This wasn't one of my favourite scenarios but it was the best I have done. But my opponent SSIGeneral skillfully responded to my moves and finally wore my forces down with his air units and sea power. So I salute him and all the best of luck in the tournament.
SSIGeneral

Post by SSIGeneral »

Thank you for the game to Leonidas048. You were an excellent opponent and I hope we can play again sometime.

SSIGeneral
Leonidas048

Post by Leonidas048 »

Hello SSIGeneral you actually talk... I wasn't sure you speak English I didn't want to disturb you. Yes it was a good game but when you took my southern objective I knew I had a struggle on my hands. You played your airforce and navy well wearing mine down. That's why I only had enough prestige units to buy infantry to throw back at you. Let me know when you want to start another game I ll set it up under leonidas. Good luck hope you do well so my loss wasn't in vain :D
paulwalvoord

Post by paulwalvoord »

(Hopefully this works)

Here is paulwalvoord as Italy and Warhomer as the French

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmWohgaHlxFhiHKQhGYq1VvIAw1z

Here is paulwalvoord as the French and Warhomer as the Italians.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmWohgaHlxFhiG1xcqBbe9D_AT-y
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

paulwalvoord wrote:(Hopefully this works)

Here is paulwalvoord as Italy and Warhomer as the French

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmWohgaHlxFhiHKQhGYq1VvIAw1z

Here is paulwalvoord as the French and Warhomer as the Italians.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmWohgaHlxFhiG1xcqBbe9D_AT-y

Great Screen shots Paul.

What I love about those last turn shots is that it shows that even though they were fighting with the same units and ended with the same result, being 3 Main objectives with Italian army, 2 for the French, the results were extremely different.

Well it has been a full week, and is it just me but I get awfully twitchy when I do not get any updates. We have 3 matches finished, but I have not heard anything from the other 5. I hope the battles are going well and that there will be no problem finishing within the time allotted, I do not see that it will be a problem since we have almost 2 weeks left to finish. I would just love to hear updates on the battles so I can get my fix on the action. ;)
goose_2

Shilod

Post by Shilod »

:twisted: A fierce fighting still goes on. No one shall retreat. Once again - since Napoleonic era - land near Toulon is full of blood and iron.

Return to “News & Announcements”