Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

Post by AlbertoC »

Last year we were able to run a very successful Panzer Corps tournament, the first Slitherine sponsored tournament for Panzer Corps. 32 players took part in it, and misterno won the title of champion! We were very happy with the outcome, and we have decided that it’s time for a new official Panzer Corps TOURNAMENT!

It’ll be even bigger this time, a huge wargaming event like no other before. We’ll be starting the first round on D-Day on 6th June (what better date to start a tournament of Panzer Corps?). We would like to reach a total of 96 players! Whoever wins this will be without doubts the official 2017 Panzer Corps champion! And it’s not just that – if we fill all slots and we reach 96 players we’ll give a truly massive prize to the winner! I bet you’re curious now.

You can follow the tournament here in this thread and comment on it here in this thread, which will stay set as global for the whole duration of the tournament.

This tournament wouldn’t be possible without the passion and dedication of a pillar of the Panzer Corps community, goose_2. He proposed the idea, and has offered his time and energy to manage the tournament – he won’t take part in it as a player, but will instead take the role of neutral administrator and moderator of the tournament. Thank you goose_2!

So I’ll leave the next words to him!
goose_2 wrote: I have received word, my fellow Multiplayer aficionados, that the 2017 Multiplayer Championship is officially underway.

This is a Slitherine sponsored event that yours truly is happily and humbly getting to set up and administer.

So we’re starting NOW!

Please include your user name, where you are located, and how long you have been playing Panzer Corps.

I will take the first 96 recruits who sign up to take each other on in an unprecedented 6 round elimination Multiplayer Tournament to end in a 3 way race to be declared the Slitherine Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Champion!

Are you ready to heed the call?

In all seriousness I will do my best to make this as timely, fun, and enjoyable for all participants. I know I had a blast playing and finishing 2nd last year. :D :D :D

This year I will not be participating, simply officiating and facilitating to try and keep things moving.

I look forward to taking the first 96 players interested to answer the call on D-Day June 6th, 2017 where I will post the first round of official battles.
Blessings!
Do you have what it takes to become the 2017 Slitherine Panzer Corps CHAMPION? SIGN UP NOW!
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

Post by AlbertoC »

THE FIRST ROUND HAS STARTED!

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 64#p661057
goose_2 wrote:I have been anticipating this all weekend.  There have been just a few changes based on 3 people officially bowing out, and 3 people last minute standing in.

I am psyched about this going on without a hitch, so let me set the stage, because I am just that kind of guy.  :roll:

June 6th, 1944

Allies hear:
It is D-day men and now that we are on the beaches we need to press forward and seize the French countryside, as much as we can.  This will not be easy as we will all be earning our stripes against Germany's elite forces, but we will give them all we got.
Forward to Victory!

Axis hear:
The invasion has come to France, but our job is to hold them back at every point they try to cross.  This will not be easy as they will be using their combined forces to try and dislodge us to smash on through.
Hold the Line Men!  Hold the Line!

Your 1st Scenario will be Bocage Breakout!
The player on the left will issue the challenge and get to choose which side they want to play.
Please put the other player's user name in the description and make the password be:
tournament
This will be a single game, so choose whether or not you want to be Axis or Allies.
For this Round we will play with no restrictions, that means undo is on, weather is on, fog of war is on, supply is on, and you can see the player's movement.
(This will not always be the case but for the First Round that is how it is to be played.)

You have until Midnight CST June 17th to report back to me the results, either by posting them on the forum, emailing them to me, or private messaging me.
Any questions or concerns direct them to me.

Here are the match ups:
Sparatacus vs. armstein
Bombur vs. docsh
majandro vs. kingshafter
NightPhoenix vs. Fabio3110
kondi754 vs. Brattslapper
chesspanzer vs. icyjohn
DCK vs. OWI
Thorsten vs. afroening
Gotenland vs. mkoki77
leonidas048 vs. jimthechip
stefano63 vs. jmlafora
random27 vs. bleedingbreeg
shilod vs. dolphin0810
Padisha vs. stefandk
Tschemo vs. alexrus
urban vs. Asterix_von_TWC
warhomer vs. whitescale
drkjell vs. yoky
agentj23 vs. stofa
zachmann vs. riker
neil vs. beb1331
tonyafan vs. robterdam
RAG116 vs. Huragan
Hansstory vs. Garrycooper101
frighteningfred vs. SSIGeneral
bigdogcurt vs. paulwalvoord
puddleduck vs. woken
jaytac vs. thewhitewhale
morge4 vs. jmorse1277
italianopribe vs. bears5232
Bluefin vs. thehistoricalgamer
topgun vs. Darion

I would wish you luck, but I don't believe in luck, so instead I will simply say:  Blessings on your endeavors! :wink: :mrgreen: :P

THE SECOND ROUND HAS STARTED!
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 64#p662871

goose_2 wrote:Good Afternoon fellow gamers,

And Happy Fathers Day, for those of us who are. (8 kiddos for me, so far...;))

Here are the declared winners:
RAG116
Hansstory
SSIGeneral
Paulwalvoord
woken
thewhitewhale
jmorse1277
italianopribe
thehistoricalgamer
topgun
armstein
Bombur
kingshafter
Fabio3110
kondi754
chrispanzer
DCK
Thorsten
mkoki77
leonidas048
stefano63
random27
Shilod
stefandk
alexrus
urban
warhomer
yoky
agentj23
riker
coombes545
tonyafan

Congratulations at passing the First Round.

Here are the stats:
Axis wins: 13
Allied wins: 14
Unknown: 5
(How is that for even?)

What about if you chose the side?
Chosen: 18
Accepted: 14

The next round will be posted same time as 1st Round: Monday/Tuesday 12:00 am. June 20th.

I am pairing up based on knowing what a person has for the game is first priority, then if they chose in the First Round, then based on time played and are of the country.
(This gets complex, but not everyone who had to accept will get to chose this time as you have to have the right game, and thankfully there are enough players that have this version of the game.)

These are the players I am unsure what versions of the game they have:
woken
thewhitewhale

I am so excited that this is going so well, and that this post has already garnered over 60,000 views since it's inception.
I have heard a lot of feedback from the participants that they have really enjoyed playing this part of the game, and are eager for their chance at the next tournament.

This is why I did it folks so...YAY!!! :D :D :D :mrgreen:

See you all in about 36 hours for Round 2!!!

Until then...Stay Lutheran My Friends. ;)

(Oh yeah, and while I am at it, My wife and I just watched Silence last night. That is the new movie by Martin Scorsese. Great, great film, everyone should see. I would love to discuss with anyone anytime, as I cannot stop thinking about it. So if you have seen it, or after you watch it, private message me so we can discuss, thanks!)

THE THIRD ROUND HAS STARTED!!
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 64#p665440
goose_2 wrote:Well you guys did it again. I didn't think you could do it, but you did.
You made me love you guys even more than I already do.

The kind words I have heard since my apology have been greatly appreciated and make me love this community even more.

Thank You!

With that said...let me set the stage:

Allies hear:
Today is the day, Men! We will overthrow these oppressors as we seize control of our homeland from these interlopers. We have been able to wrest control of the means of production so we will have complete access to the French arsenal. Lets show them what French military might is made of.

Axis hear:
We have heard your repeated requests for assistance in quelling this uprising going on in your part of occupied territory, held by your forces, but we are completely occupied with our Bolshevik problem, to get side tracked with your management difficulty. If you are unable to handle this rebellion, we may have to reconsider this alliance.

That is right you may have guessed it by now, the next scenario will be...

Partisan Uprising
(Thanks for helping me retest this one Hurly)

You are going to be playing this fun little battle from the Vanilla Campaign, that takes place between 2 minor nations and their lesser known arsenal's. This battle has a little of everything, some sea battle, some air battle, some close terrain battle. All kinds of fun. Because we will be playing a paired game, I will be giving you an extra week to play this battle. Since there will be a chance for tie's to happen I will need you to save your last round screen shot so if both games with the same number of Major Objectives for both players than the player finishing with the most prestige wins.

The player on the left will set up a paired game with undo off this time to increase the difficulty as you are all now considered expert's. ;)
I would like this completed by July 23rd.

Here are the match ups: That I am hoping Alberto can set up in one of those fancy dealies he has been creating that shows who will face whom up into the final match up. ;)

RAG116  vs woken                                         Shilod vs. DCK
tonyafan vs riker                                          armstein vs alexrus
leonidas048 vs SSIGeneral                             kingshafter vs Fabio3110
paulwalvoord vs warhomer                           agentj23 vs stefandk

password
tournament

Let me know if you have any questions.

Blessings on your battles.

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

I couldn't be any more excited about this.

Make sure and direct any questions or concerns to me, this is for real and will be happening starting June 6th!!!!

So Happy!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

goose_2 wrote:I couldn't be any more excited about this.

Make sure and direct any questions or concerns to me, this is for real and will be happening starting June 6th!!!!

So Happy!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm in. :D
@Goose I send you a private message.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Is it enough to own the base Panzer Corps game or are any DLC/Gold versions required to participate?
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

13obo wrote:Is it enough to own the base Panzer Corps game or are any DLC/Gold versions required to participate?
It is enough to have the base game, but would be easiest if you had more than base game, as I would like to tap some of the many great maps.

Please join as base game will be sufficient at this point
goose_2

Hansstory
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Hansstory »

Awesome. I will participate again too! Will there be a prize for 16th place? LOL!! Actually, if I make it that far I will be happy!

ps. Thank you Matrix and goose_2 for organizing and running this!
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Very exciting stuff, I look forward to seeing the scenario selections.

Good luck too all involved!
Huragan
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by Huragan »

Dear Loosy Goosy :)

What DLCs do you recommend on adding?
When is the signup open (is signup on June 6th or tournament start on June 6th?)
What lessons were learned from the previous tournament(s)?

I ask because I played a BotB tournament and am playing a second one right now. 96 players without proper advertisement and mild coercion is a very ambitious goal... as Alberto will tell you it was tough finding 32 players for this last BotB tourney.

If you don't mind, I will reiterate some impediments as well as possible solutions to facilitate better game play.

In the tournament I'm playing, participants complain about the lack of opponent coordination. Main obstacle is the different time zones we are all fighting from. The effect is that some people if properly matched can exchange turns regularly, while others progress at a snails pace and eventually time out before the game is completed (forcing Alberto to adjust the scores). If at all possible, Time Zone stamp next to the sign up of the participant and if more advanced data gathering is available, than an ability to select windows when the contenders commit to being available would make all the difference. Thus the first, second and third round could be matched up semi-randomly (I say semi as they would need to be grouped by EMEA, N&SA, SEA) to insure expedient game play. As players rank up, the groupings would no longer come into effect, and you would be matched up against players within your score range.

Participants do not realize the time commitment a tournament requires. Both the BotB tournaments have seen wishy-washy players who signed up, do a turn or two and than dropped out. A clear statement on the signup page needs to state something to the effect of "If you are signing up, be prepared to give your life... or at least 12 hours of it as that is what it takes to complete a game... in return you may win BLAH, Blah, and the adoration of millions"

Lastly... the BotB as well as PC and all these turn based games involve a bit of luck. Sometimes the Random Number Generator is so out of whack that it defies all logic and borders on the magical providing impossible results and totally skewing the game in favor of one of the participants. This is OK for the majority of rounds (as Napoleon stated "it's better to be lucky than good"); however, if possible, the last round should have 2 games played simultaneously to reduce the chances of a runaway RNG and truly provide an opportunity for strategy and tactics to carry the day and not dumb luck or screwed up game mechanics.

Lastly... thank you for sacrificing your life so that the rest of us have this opportunity to "duke it out" PanzerCorpse style :)
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Huragan wrote:Dear Loosy Goosy :)

What DLCs do you recommend on adding?
When is the signup open (is signup on June 6th or tournament start on June 6th?)
What lessons were learned from the previous tournament(s)?

I ask because I played a BotB tournament and am playing a second one right now. 96 players without proper advertisement and mild coercion is a very ambitious goal... as Alberto will tell you it was tough finding 32 players for this last BotB tourney.

If you don't mind, I will reiterate some impediments as well as possible solutions to facilitate better game play.

In the tournament I'm playing, participants complain about the lack of opponent coordination. Main obstacle is the different time zones we are all fighting from. The effect is that some people if properly matched can exchange turns regularly, while others progress at a snails pace and eventually time out before the game is completed (forcing Alberto to adjust the scores). If at all possible, Time Zone stamp next to the sign up of the participant and if more advanced data gathering is available, than an ability to select windows when the contenders commit to being available would make all the difference. Thus the first, second and third round could be matched up semi-randomly (I say semi as they would need to be grouped by EMEA, N&SA, SEA) to insure expedient game play. As players rank up, the groupings would no longer come into effect, and you would be matched up against players within your score range.

Participants do not realize the time commitment a tournament requires. Both the BotB tournaments have seen wishy-washy players who signed up, do a turn or two and than dropped out. A clear statement on the signup page needs to state something to the effect of "If you are signing up, be prepared to give your life... or at least 12 hours of it as that is what it takes to complete a game... in return you may win BLAH, Blah, and the adoration of millions"

Lastly... the BotB as well as PC and all these turn based games involve a bit of luck. Sometimes the Random Number Generator is so out of whack that it defies all logic and borders on the magical providing impossible results and totally skewing the game in favor of one of the participants. This is OK for the majority of rounds (as Napoleon stated "it's better to be lucky than good"); however, if possible, the last round should have 2 games played simultaneously to reduce the chances of a runaway RNG and truly provide an opportunity for strategy and tactics to carry the day and not dumb luck or screwed up game mechanics.

Lastly... thank you for sacrificing your life so that the rest of us have this opportunity to "duke it out" PanzerCorpse style :)
The sign up goes until June 2nd.
About DLC's I recommend, I love everything Panzer Corps and am currently playing again the Grand Campaign going West 1st time on Guderian, East 2nd time at Manstein, I am also trying a Blindthrough in Afrika Korps. So I am kind of obsessed. :oops:

I am trying to gather a list of players with their locations, how long they have been playing, and their user name sent to my personal email at:
garlichdavid@aol.com

I am hoping to get the 96 participants by June 2nd so that on June 6th I can post the 1st Round of the Tournament parameters.
Players will have about 2 weeks to complete their matches and hopefully will find it challenging and fun as they report back their progress.

The final match to determine the top 3 will be a Battle Royale like no other, but you will have to be pretty good to make it that far. ;)

Keep sending me sign up requests.
goose_2

IckieStickie
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by IckieStickie »

Thankyou Goose,hope it's a great success!:)
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Subject: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!
IckieStickie wrote:

Thankyou Goose,hope it's a great success!:)

Does that mean you are interested in joining?

If so please email me at garlichdavid@aol.com

telling me where you are located and how long you have been playing

Thanks
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

The weekend is starting and there are more entries coming in. I am getting so very excited.

Keep them coming guys, I want to fill this bad boy up and show the developers what strong interest there is in this game.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
goose_2

random27
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by random27 »

Hi men i ve bought the game for this ;)
StefanDK
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by StefanDK »

Count me in - sent details already.
Bluefin
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Bluefin »

Just signed up! Very excited and a tad bit anxious as it's my first tournament. Hopefully I can give a good accounting on the battlefield. Off to brush up my skills....

Thanks for hosting goose_2! Will definitely be fun!
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Signing up is going strong and with Memorial Day going on tomorrow for those of us in the States, I am hoping for even more sign ups from my fellow players here on this side of the world, because as of right now it is about 2/3rds from The more European side of the world.

This is great and I am still thinking that we will be able to hit that 96 threshold, but we need more players sending me an email at garlichdavid@aol.com

The most frequent question I am getting is how often will I be expected to play.

For the first round you will be playing a single game and if you can play 1 or 2 rounds a day you will be able to finish before the time limit is up.

I love seeing so many players new to playing multiplayer signing up. You are really going to enjoy this side of the game, and I hope there is a lot of practicing going on.

Please send me an email so I can get you on my list as of right now we have more than last years participants, but have some room before we get to 96.

Blessings!
goose_2

TopGun1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by TopGun1 »

hI i AM TRYING TO SIGN UP BUT CANT SEEM TO FIND THE SIGN UP SHEET.
TopGun
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

I got you topgun, but email garlichdavid@aol.com to sign up letting me know your username, years played, and where you are located.

But topgun I got you on the list makes 48 so far signed up.

Halfway there folks keep them coming. :D :D :D
goose_2

WarHomer
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by WarHomer »

I might be interested.

How does it work?

Return to “News & Announcements”