Page 13 of 13

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:21 pm
by SSIGeneral
paulwalvoord: I have set up paired game challenge for you to accept.

TY
SSIGeneral

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:23 am
by woken
my unit names have appeared to be in Russian, is there a way to change this?

Temporal advance vs Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Champions

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:23 am
by Dck
Hi alexrus
I think it would be more fair to play paired game. Would you go for the paired game or you prefer single player one? In case we play single player one, I would rather choose the Axis side.
Should I set up the challenge or you prefer to do it?

Regards and wish you a good play
Dck

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:06 pm
by TonyAfan
Contacted Woken and he suggested a single game and he is going to play axis, which I have agreed to.

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:12 pm
by goose_2
I hope everyone has been able to start their games and are busy trying to take over the world. ;)

Any progress reports at anytime would be greatly appreciated.

For all of those people who keep checking this webpage, if you would like something interesting to read you can check out my recently completed Blindthrough of Afrika Korps. It was quite difficult and dicey, but you can follow all of it here:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=75618

Right now I am attempting a Grand Campaign playthrough on Guderian, which I plan on taking West Blind here:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=75627

And for the even more daring my Grand Campaign Playthrough on Manstein, which I plan on taking East:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=75632

For even more reading you can check out my first all the way through day by day on Field Marshall here:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=65111

I love comments, shares, and posts.

Thanks for the continued interest in this great game.

Blessings! :mrgreen:

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:25 pm
by StefanDK
Kingshafter and I are at it on turn 5 or so - we had a few days without playing last week.

I can't reveal too much, but I would say that right now there is a tilt to Kingshafter's advantage in the game where he plays as Allies. He has conquered the town in the middle, although it is under fire with some casulties, and it seems he has an air advantage.

In the other game where I play as allies I hold the central town, and I would say it is a pretty even battle, maybe a little tilt in my favor - hard do know due to fog of war.

It's a very hard scenario, and I think I never played it, actually. So right now my bet would be that Kingshafter ends up winning - not my intention, but just realistically, the point being my lack of experience with the map.

Also, I had a lot of bad luck with the dice which does NOT help my case :-)

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:51 pm
by Dck
goose_2 wrote:I hope everyone has been able to start their games and are busy trying to take over the world. ;)

Any progress reports at anytime would be greatly appreciated.

For all of those people who keep checking this webpage, if you would like something interesting to read you can check out my recently completed Blindthrough of Afrika Korps. It was quite difficult and dicey, but you can follow all of it here:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=75618

Right now I am attempting a Grand Campaign playthrough on Guderian, which I plan on taking West Blind here:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=75627

And for the even more daring my Grand Campaign Playthrough on Manstein, which I plan on taking East:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=75632

For even more reading you can check out my first all the way through day by day on Field Marshall here:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=65111

I love comments, shares, and posts.

Thanks for the continued interest in this great game.

Blessings! :mrgreen:


Hi! I get no response from Alexrus, maybe he is at holidays now ? Will wait some more time... Regards and thank you for coordinating the tournament. Dck

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:19 pm
by SSIGeneral
An update on my games against paulwalvoord, to put it bluntly, he is killing me lol. Never played this scenario and it is very interesting. Paul obviously knows all the right equipment to deploy at the right time. Normally, I would have surrendered quite some time ago to save all the lives I have lost. However, I like the scenario and I want to learn it. Paul is obviously a good teacher! :cry:

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:10 pm
by alexrus
Hi Dck! Sorry I was on my holidays with my family. Ready to play fast. Ok paired game.)

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:00 pm
by goose_2
SSIGeneral wrote:An update on my games against paulwalvoord, to put it bluntly, he is killing me lol. Never played this scenario and it is very interesting. Paul obviously knows all the right equipment to deploy at the right time. Normally, I would have surrendered quite some time ago to save all the lives I have lost. However, I like the scenario and I want to learn it. Paul is obviously a good teacher! :cry:


Oh buddy, thanks for the update. Thanks for sticking it out and being so gracious in your assessment, maybe you can pull off a miracle?

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:23 pm
by StefanDK
A little update from my battle with Kingshafter:

We are more than half way, and without revealing any battlefield secrets this is the status: I have one more victory hex than kingshafter and have had it for many turns in both battles. In both games I pushed back the early "Kingshafter settlement" in the central town, although a bit costly.

However, after a long period without much action both parties are attacking eachother. In the battle where I control the allied forces, it seems there is an assault underway against my most western depot and I likewise have launched a more or less successful air raid against tactical bombers and an assault on the second-most eastern Axis town in the middle of the map.

Along the road we have both intercepted multiple attempts at getting behind enemy lines which has yet to be a success.

Nothing is decided, really, and it will be interesting to see the final year and a half of the battle - I guess it is 50/50 at the moment, but I can only guess as regards Kingshafter's plans for conquest, his prestige levels and other considerations.

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:49 pm
by paulwalvoord
SSIGeneral wrote:An update on my games against paulwalvoord, to put it bluntly, he is killing me lol. Never played this scenario and it is very interesting. Paul obviously knows all the right equipment to deploy at the right time. Normally, I would have surrendered quite some time ago to save all the lives I have lost. However, I like the scenario and I want to learn it. Paul is obviously a good teacher! :cry:


I found your assessment of our matches as me "killing" you to be surprising! In both games i do have a lead (i think it is 6-3 in each), but i have felt a ton of pressure and you need to give yourself more credit than you have good sir! You are proving to be an extremely tough adversary and i am very much enjoying the matches. You have done a few things that have caught me by surprise and i have learned a valuable lesson or two in this game.

May we both enjoy the final 10ish rounds.

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:59 pm
by TonyAfan
TonyAfan vs Woken
We only started a few days ago. We are playing a single game and Woken has picked the axis side. I have just received my 1942 1500 points bonus. We have both lost units in the initial battle for the centre town. The axis lost some overstrength ground units mainly infantry and recon while the main losses on the allied side were two fighters. At the moment the Allies hold the central town with the other 8 towns shared 4:4.

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:24 am
by paulwalvoord
In the match paulwalvoord vs ssigeneral Paul Walvoord came out on top.

In both matches the score was 6-3. I plan on posting replays as soon as the tourney completes (and as soon as i can figure out just how to do it), i thought both games were well fought by ssigeneral and would enjoy facing off against him on another battlefield.

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:31 am
by Dck
alexrus wrote:Hi Dck! Sorry I was on my holidays with my family. Ready to play fast. Ok paired game.)

Great! So let's start. I will open the duel game, it is more fair though it takes more time.
I will open the game, password will be tournament

Regards
Dck

Quarter Finals so far

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:19 pm
by goose_2
paulwalvoord wrote:In the match paulwalvoord vs ssigeneral Paul Walvoord came out on top.

In both matches the score was 6-3. I plan on posting replays as soon as the tourney completes (and as soon as i can figure out just how to do it), i thought both games were well fought by ssigeneral and would enjoy facing off against him on another battlefield.


Ah SSIGeneral is the first to fall in the quarterfinals. You have done well my friend and have done the predecessor to this game's name proud.

I wish you the best and hope to see you on the battlefield and around for the next tournament...

With that said... Congratulations! paulwalvoord you are now in the semi finals.

With that said... I fear some players are still struggling to get through the first rounds, with there being less than two weeks left to play, I am starting to get worried that they will not finish. I had hoped that most people would be halfway through the match by now.

Please let's hunker down this weekend and get through many rounds.

Blessings on the finish of this historic tournament...well historic for me anyway. :mrgreen:

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:22 pm
by woken
battle report: TonyAfan (allies) vs woken (axis)

Knowing the allies had the initiative we pushed fast to gain a foothold in the epsilon upgrade depot center of the map. We were shocked when fast American tanks from north/east of the northern lake cut off the lead elements of our battle group. The allies then committed seemingly everything available including the full force of their air power to take advantage of the chaos in our ranks with devastating effect. They virtually destroyed all of our lead elements. We moved in our 88 and attacked their elite fighter smashing their formation for 8 damage followed by an attack from Luftwaffe's 109s. Two of their fighters where destroyed including their elite one. RAF high command could not have been too pleased. Many turns passed with 5 major objectives held by the allies and close to no action. Eventually the allies could not stand not knowing what we were up to. They sent in a heavy tank and two scouts deep into the Lambda depot area to have a look. After a clash the heavy limped away and his scouts were lost. Along the way at every turn we also made sure to make the fighters of the RAF pay. Here is a ss of the casualties so far as of turn 15.

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:14 pm
by goose_2
woken wrote:battle report: TonyAfan (allies) vs woken (axis)

Knowing the allies had the initiative we pushed fast to gain a foothold in the epsilon upgrade depot center of the map. We were shocked when fast American tanks from north/east of the northern lake cut off the lead elements of our battle group. The allies then committed seemingly everything available including the full force of their air power to take advantage of the chaos in our ranks with devastating effect. They virtually destroyed all of our lead elements. We moved in our 88 and attacked their elite fighter smashing their formation for 8 damage followed by an attack from Luftwaffe's 109s. Two of their fighters where destroyed including their elite one. RAF high command could not have been too pleased. Many turns passed with 5 major objectives held by the allies and close to no action. Eventually the allies could not stand not knowing what we were up to. They sent in a heavy tank and two scouts deep into the Lambda depot area to have a look. After a clash the heavy limped away and his scouts were lost. Along the way at every turn we also made sure to make the fighters of the RAF pay. Here is a ss of the casualties so far as of turn 15.



woken that looks like an absolute slaughter at least in the air by the axis

Yikes

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:07 pm
by StefanDK
I got a BIG surprise. The last 5 turns are SUDDEN DEATH!!! (which means NO extra prestige ("only" 400 per turn) and only basic infantry units)

This is really something that will separate the players that HAVE played this scenario before and those that have NOT played it. I think I might have played it once, but I could remember nothing about the sudden death.

This should have been in the description of the scenario and/or have been mentioned by Goose_2.

It seems quite unfair if only one of the participants in a battle knows about it (which Kingshafter obviously did) - I might be loosing now, and part of that is surely because of it.

I cannot reveal anything just yet, but the pressure is definitely on in these last 5 turns ...