my new game - Warbanners

“Drums of War” - is a turn-based tactical strategy game boasting well developed combat system and interactive environment, providing wide opportunities for tactics.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Drums of War Moderators

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: my new game - Warbanners

Post by zakblood »

Warbanners will launch on October 18 on steam
MartiusR
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by MartiusR »

What a coincidence, I've started to play in Drums of War about month ago and I was wondering if there are other games of the same developer, and I've noticed this thread. What a great news! Really can't wait for release of Warbanners. A couple of questions though:

1.Will it be available to buy somewhere else than Steam? I admit that I'm preferring DRM-free games (especially on GOG, but humble store is not bad either), so I would gladly buy it somewhere else.

2.I've played in demo, but I've noticed that there is no animation of move, and animations of attack seems to be a bit "cutted" (it looks like it's missing a couple of frames of animation). Will it be looking different in final version? I admit that it would be a bit odd if Drums of War had all those animations, while Warbanners - won't.

3.Am I correct that in Warbanners multiplayer option won't be present at all? I liked the idea with skirmishes with other player in Drums of War (hot-seat is neat feature, although I like when we've got choice between "local" multi and "net" multi (alternatively hot-seat + LAN, because with such programs as Hamachi or Tunngle it's possible to play via internet anyway).

Thanks a lot for replies and good luck with your game!
Vladimir1979
Drums of War
Drums of War

Post by Vladimir1979 »

MartiusR wrote:What a coincidence, I've started to play in Drums of War about month ago and I was wondering if there are other games of the same developer, and I've noticed this thread. What a great news! Really can't wait for release of Warbanners. A couple of questions though:

1.Will it be available to buy somewhere else than Steam? I admit that I'm preferring DRM-free games (especially on GOG, but humble store is not bad either), so I would gladly buy it somewhere else.

2.I've played in demo, but I've noticed that there is no animation of move, and animations of attack seems to be a bit "cutted" (it looks like it's missing a couple of frames of animation). Will it be looking different in final version? I admit that it would be a bit odd if Drums of War had all those animations, while Warbanners - won't.

3.Am I correct that in Warbanners multiplayer option won't be present at all? I liked the idea with skirmishes with other player in Drums of War (hot-seat is neat feature, although I like when we've got choice between "local" multi and "net" multi (alternatively hot-seat + LAN, because with such programs as Hamachi or Tunngle it's possible to play via internet anyway).

Thanks a lot for replies and good luck with your game!

Hi!
Thank you for your interest!

1. Probably, after the release it will appear in some stores. For example, GOG. But not at once. I have not contacted other stores yet.

2. The demo is very outdated. I do not recommend playing it... But the animation of units will not change. In the Drums of War the view is top-down. In the Warbanners isometry. The complexity of making sprites is more than 6 times. Unfortunately, we can not increase the number of frames. We simply do not have the resources...

3. At the beginning of the multiplayer will not. IMHO, one hotseat is not enough. Need a normal game on the network. This requires serious work. I do not know how much the network mode will be in demand. Drums of War sold poorly...
If the Warbanners sale will allow and players will be interested, we will try to add a network mode. I myself want to play with other players!

Let's Play from zosh127:
https://youtu.be/SCNijwrUuO8
https://youtu.be/zuLYyJ53gmc
https://youtu.be/6tCtue2qSAI

Return to “Drums of War”