First Post

Details coming soon!

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

MikeAP
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

First Post

Post by MikeAP » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:25 pm

Can we please have vehicle engine audio and a map editor. That is all.

Edit - And coop!

Thanks for everything you're doing with the series.

SteveMcClaire
Matrix
Matrix

Re: First Post

Post by SteveMcClaire » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:08 pm

Vehicle engine sounds are planned. There will be an option to turn them off.

There will be an integrated map editor.

A two player co-op mode is also under discussion and I expect we will have it.

Steve

MikeAP

Post by MikeAP » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:36 pm

SteveMcClaire wrote:Vehicle engine sounds are planned. There will be an option to turn them off.

There will be an integrated map editor.

A two player co-op mode is also under discussion and I expect we will have it.

Steve
Excellent. :D

For the vehicle sounds, I would suggest using the same style as a game called Blitzkrieg. They use 3-sound system for each engine. A startup sound, an engine loop sound, and a shut down sound. When the vehicle begins to move it plays a startup sound, during its movement plays a looped running sound, and when it stops it plays a shut down sound.

Kanov_Slitherine
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Kanov_Slitherine » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:44 pm

If you have ever passed near a construction site using one of those big bulldozer things with the tracks like tanks you know they are very noisy with all their shrieks and clank now imagine 3 or 10 at the same time.

Although sound is an important part of battle I now understand why they choose to left the sounds of moving tracks out (they were supposedly planned since the first CC AFAIK) I too want sounds of vehicles but they must be implemented in a way that doesn't interfere with fun gameplay. If they are going to be in, I think they should have their own sound slider to let the player choose how noisy they want their tanks and add some variation to them as to not be so repetitive.

Achtung panzer has vehicles sounds and they don't interfere with gameplay in my experience, it is actually more frightening because although you can hear them you cannot always see them.

SteveMcClaire
Matrix
Matrix

Post by SteveMcClaire » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:33 pm

Being able to hear that there are vehicles around, even when you can't see them, is really the main reason I can see for having engine sounds. The problem is that if you let the player turn these off/down separately they're losing this (potentially) important piece of information. Which is the real dilemma about adding them to the game -- I don't want to have an important piece of audio feedback that is also annoying to have to listen to. ;)

MikeAP

Post by MikeAP » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:29 pm

SteveMcClaire wrote:I don't want to have an important piece of audio feedback that is also annoying to have to listen to. ;)
Make it a well designed sound effect, and nobody will have a problem with it.

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”