Features?

Details coming soon!

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

MikeAP
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Features?

Post by MikeAP » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:50 pm

Multiplayer cooperative mode; 2(+) human versus AI?

Skirmish mode?

Map editor?

It's been a while since we've heard anything. Just want to confirm these features.

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Features?

Post by pipfromslitherine » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:45 pm

We are not currently planning Coop for first release, though would be interested to know if it is something that would be popular.

Not planning any random skirmish map system, it doesn't really work with the approach that we have with the visuals.

There is an integrated map editor, yes. It is the same one we are using to build the game content.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

MikeAP

Post by MikeAP » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:43 pm

pipfromslitherine wrote:We are not currently planning Coop for first release, though would be interested to know if it is something that would be popular.
Pip
It's been a huge hit for BA2.

GrdAdmiral
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by GrdAdmiral » Fri May 08, 2015 9:11 am

COOP would be interesting. A lot of my friends and I have wondered what COOP CC would be like. Especially if I could control one element, my friend another. We could do some coordinated attacks for sure! AI would need a tweak, but large scale battles would be nice. The ability to indirect fire from tanks and artillery/AA/AT guns would be nice addition too. Seems like the 88 just never got as much love as it should. They could fire similar to Mortars, just loaded and more explosive. (^_^)

Southern Hunter
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Southern Hunter » Tue May 12, 2015 2:21 pm

Co-op CC would be great. Especially if we can get N (NvN) up to a slightly big number and still maintain connection. 4v4?

It has been a dream to play Co-op CC since CC1. Using even an external sound sharing system for comms, it could be a lot of fun to try and coordinate Arty and Air (controlled by 1 player representing upstream HQ), Armor, Inf. Easy to coordinate with 1 player, but much tougher with several. "get your infantry up to protect my tanks"..."get your tanks in overwatch to protect my inf"..."Move up on the left, I am pinned here. Give me smoke rounds at GRID 165,234"...etc.

Hope the new code can get there.

Tornike
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Tornike » Mon May 25, 2015 3:00 pm

What about Axis campaign? As we know the singleplayer content is mostly focused on campaign for the US 1st Division through a number of operations. Does that mean there will be no Axis campaign, as there would be no German unit that fought the division through all of the three operations (correct me if I'm wrong)?

Also, is the AI being reworked to be actually challenging?

SteveMcClaire
Matrix
Matrix

Post by SteveMcClaire » Tue May 26, 2015 10:25 pm

The Bloody First will have a US Army focus, and while you will be able to play the Germans side in battles and operations, there will not be a German campaign.

The AI is getting an overhaul, and I hope players will find it challenging.

Steve

Tornike

Post by Tornike » Thu May 28, 2015 8:23 am

SteveMcClaire wrote:The Bloody First will have a US Army focus, and while you will be able to play the Germans side in battles and operations, there will not be a German campaign.

The AI is getting an overhaul, and I hope players will find it challenging.

Steve
Thank you.

creesto1
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by creesto1 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:23 pm

i have never played any close combat games, as they have just recently been brought to my attention. i have a ton of family (bros/cousins/uncles) and we all play company of heroes together. we would all buy close combat if it had 4 player multiplayer. 1v1, 2v2, 4 player ffa etc.. and a co-op mode. is there any chance? i mean like 8 instant purchases lol

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”