CC 3D Bring Back Important CC2 Feature Request

Details coming soon!

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

Post Reply
SS_PanzerLeader
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:45 am

CC 3D Bring Back Important CC2 Feature Request

Post by SS_PanzerLeader » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:19 pm

Hi,

I was a huge CC player CC2 being my favorite of all time. I really like what has been done with the series by Matrix but unfortunately it was missing an extremely popular feature to my knowledge has been left out of each one.

As a highly competitive player what made CC2 the best of the series for us players on Cases Ladder was the fact you could always buy units individually right before the battle started rather than having to do it in a scenario. This was huge for balance and truly testing a players skills as both had the same amount of points to field there army. Agreed it wasn't always the most realistic lists but it was always so much fun. Will you be bringing this back for cc3? If this is there I will be willing to buy it t launch. If not will you provide modding tools so the community can do it?

BTW I can't count how many times when playing CC2 I said how awesome this exact game would be in 3D. Thank you so much for doing this.

SS_PanzerLeader

SteveMcClaire
Matrix
Matrix
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:48 pm

Re: CC 3D Bring Back Important CC2 Feature Request

Post by SteveMcClaire » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:18 pm

Hi SS_PanzerLeader,

Thanks for your suggestion. Last Stand Arnhem has a system similar to what you're asking for, where you can purchase any unit available in the force pool based on point value and budget. But that is the only newer CC game to work this way, and it is not wide open like it sounds like you're suggesting.

I understand how this is nice for competitive play, where buying your force becomes part of the game, but I doubt we'll have time to add this The Bloody First. I'll keep it on my list of suggested features, though. Thanks.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017
Posts: 15256
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: CC 3D Bring Back Important CC2 Feature Request

Post by zakblood » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:56 pm

any chance you will use the same tester as before Steve? as i did the last one and enjoyed it, so will sign up and do this if and when needed, you know my work so would like to help out, alpha /beta i'm more than happy, have far to much free time so always around to be helpful :roll: :wink:

SS_PanzerLeader
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:45 am

Re: CC 3D Bring Back Important CC2 Feature Request

Post by SS_PanzerLeader » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:01 pm

SteveMcClaire wrote:Hi SS_PanzerLeader,

Thanks for your suggestion. Last Stand Arnhem has a system similar to what you're asking for, where you can purchase any unit available in the force pool based on point value and budget. But that is the only newer CC game to work this way, and it is not wide open like it sounds like you're suggesting.

I understand how this is nice for competitive play, where buying your force becomes part of the game, but I doubt we'll have time to add this The Bloody First. I'll keep it on my list of suggested features, though. Thanks.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting back with me. I do have Last Stand Arnhem but was looking for the complete open buy that the original CC2 had as you have noted. This was such an important feature for competitive play. I understand your time constraints I wish I had know this was in development sooner as I came here to post the second I found out about it the other day. (had some login issues which support helped with) . Would this feature make it into a patch possibly? (Pretty please :P ) If this is not at all possible will we be able to accomplish this in the mod tools? Is the UI being built within Unity as well?

I will be honest on all the CC series I never played any of the campaigns it was all about the head to head for me and a lot of the players I knew in the Microsoft zone. Granted many were campaign buffs as well though. The multiplayer was just so much more fun :)

thanks

SSPL

SteveMcClaire
Matrix
Matrix
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:48 pm

Re: CC 3D Bring Back Important CC2 Feature Request

Post by SteveMcClaire » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:07 pm

It is a nice feature and I'd like to do it, if time allows. I can't promise it will make it in but I'll keep it on the list. It is not something you'd be able to mod into the final game, however.

Steve

SteveMcClaire
Matrix
Matrix
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:48 pm

Re: CC 3D Bring Back Important CC2 Feature Request

Post by SteveMcClaire » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:10 pm

zakblood_slith wrote:any chance you will use the same tester as before Steve? as i did the last one and enjoyed it, so will sign up and do this if and when needed, you know my work so would like to help out, alpha /beta i'm more than happy, have far to much free time so always around to be helpful :roll: :wink:
I expect some past testers will be invited, once we're at that stage.

Steve

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017
Posts: 15256
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: CC 3D Bring Back Important CC2 Feature Request

Post by zakblood » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:08 pm

well thanks for the replay and hope i get in then if and when it's needed

SS_PanzerLeader
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:45 am

Re: CC 3D Bring Back Important CC2 Feature Request

Post by SS_PanzerLeader » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:54 pm

SteveMcClaire wrote:It is a nice feature and I'd like to do it, if time allows. I can't promise it will make it in but I'll keep it on the list. It is not something you'd be able to mod into the final game, however.

Steve

I definitely appreciate your trying to squeeze it in if you can. I would love to beta test as well if there is an opportunity to do so :)

thanks again for the quick replies.

SSPL

AudioKingCC2
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:35 am

Re: CC 3D Bring Back Important CC2 Feature Request

Post by AudioKingCC2 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:42 am

Steve,

Back in 1997-1999 I used to play Close Combat 2 competitively as well. SS_PanzerLeader and I faced off more than once in competitive matches.

I wholeheartedly agree with him that the troop requisition feature is an absolute must have.

I definitely appreciate your trying to squeeze it in if you can. I would love to beta test as well if there is an opportunity to do so :)

thanks again for the quick replies.

SS_PanzerLeader
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:45 am

Re: CC 3D Bring Back Important CC2 Feature Request

Post by SS_PanzerLeader » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:59 pm

AudioKingCC2 wrote:Hi,

I was a huge CC player CC2 being my favorite of all time. I really like what has been done with the series by Matrix but unfortunately it was missing an extremely popular feature to my knowledge has been left out of each one.

As a highly competitive player what made CC2 the best of the series for us players on Cases Ladder was the fact you could always buy units individually right before the battle started rather than having to do it in a scenario. This was huge for balance and truly testing a players skills as both had the same amount of points to field there army. Agreed it wasn't always the most realistic lists but it was always so much fun. Will you be bringing this back for cc3
Wow I recognize that name!! You played under AudioKing if I remember correctly and were a very good player iirc :P I miss the old days I revived this name hoping I would run into some of the old crowd. Maybe we can relive some of our glory on this game. Playing PanzerGeneral Online atm its a card unit based game but you can buy in what you like provided you own the unit. Downloading the BattleAcademy demo as well. I remember vying for the top against you, Hunter, Maus also had great games with Yobobo Sturm and Collins. LT and Redshift were also great players. I am sure there were many more but that is off the top of my head. I really hope they have the time to implement this feature it was what made CC2 so awesome!

GrdAdmiral
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:23 pm

Re: CC 3D Bring Back Important CC2 Feature Request

Post by GrdAdmiral » Fri May 08, 2015 8:59 am

I loved the original campaign feature for A bridge to Far and The Russian Front. The force morale always seemed kinda broken to me. That's why we ended up turning it off in later games. The ability to save resource points and move troops back and forth individually was essential. Especially in the original games. I loved the damage remaining from battle to battle too. Although Vehicle pathfinding was horrid at best.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of swapping out entire battle groups when you took loses.

A feature of the Russian Front I really liked was having my own Commander and getting promoted.

It would be really nice to see a lot of the original elements from these two games incorporated in he new one. You have my vote!

Southern Hunter
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 12:12 am

Re: CC 3D Bring Back Important CC2 Feature Request

Post by Southern Hunter » Tue May 12, 2015 2:23 pm

We are all still here! Lol. Bring back the ladder and make the game better than CC2.

SS_PanzerLeader
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:45 am

Re: CC 3D Bring Back Important CC2 Feature Request

Post by SS_PanzerLeader » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:27 pm

hunter wrote:We are all still here! Lol. Bring back the ladder and make the game better than CC2.
Is the THE "Hunter" from CC2?? If so wow nice to see you are still about man. Fond memories of our epic matchups. Would love to see a ladder like cases again with the new version of the game. Hopefully they will give us the same buy anything options that made it so much fun.

Southern Hunter
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 12:12 am

Re: CC 3D Bring Back Important CC2 Feature Request

Post by Southern Hunter » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:48 am

Yep, still here PL. A little older but not much wiser ;-)

Destraex
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: CC 3D Bring Back Important CC2 Feature Request

Post by Destraex » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:25 am

I would sign up in an instance for any such ALPHA or BETA and have done a lot of such work.
I am hoping for realistic tank ranges this time. I cannot quite remember but I think the maps were so small in the originals that tanks could not be used very well. I cannot remember as I had so many mods back then.
Also hoping for some decent coop play and a great campaign map.

If I was to choose a mod it would be gold juno sword for ccV to base this off.

Post Reply

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”