Any thoughts on a Mac version?

Details coming soon!
brian163
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Any thoughts on a Mac version?

Post by brian163 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:47 am

After playing CC for years on the Mac many (many) moons ago, I just bought Caen to run under a VMware Fusion VM via Steam. Which it does well enough. But with the new engine I can't help but wonder if that will still be the case. With the recent release of Battle Academy for Mac (which I have not played because I prefer real time to turn based, personally), it would appear Slitherine has the skill set to produce a native Mac version of a game if it wants to.

So how about a Mac native version of CC-TBF? Maybe? Pretty please? ;-)

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any thoughts on a Mac version?

Post by pipfromslitherine » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:46 pm

I don't know how well Unity deals with OSX versions, so it is a possibility. That said, historically Mac sales have been pretty disappointing so it will depend I guess on the ease of porting.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

brian163

Re: Any thoughts on a Mac version?

Post by brian163 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:17 am

Do those numbers include distribution though both Steam and the Apple App Store (desktop OS App store, not the iTunes App store for iOS)? Steam certainly drew my attention to Battle Academy but would you be able to tell if I bought it for the PC or Mac with Steam Direct being multi-platform?

I mean CC is no Angry Birds. It's going to have a more limited sales demographic. But I would think Mac sales would be higher if you went beyond direct or boxed sales alone.

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”