The v1.02 patch includes bug fixings like disappearing units if embarked troops enter combat or formations who got lost during change of maps and changes in gameplay (for instance much higher range and lower ammo for aircraft). It also features new adding like paratroops that can be placed in airborne mode if air deploy hexes are available, sashes and tooltips that indicate the armies / army groups a unit is in and also scenarios have been improved with changes/adding.
For the full changelog look below:
v1.02 August 9th 2013
- Disappearing units if embarked troops enter combat
- Loss of resources in single maps if a newly recruited unit was disbanded before it was deployed
- Formations were lost during change of maps (VR_IronFist)
- Deploy hexes can only be used once. As soon as a unit placed on it takes part in actions (movement, combat, recon) the deploy hex vanishes.
- Much higher range and lower ammo for aircraft
- Player set bonus resources are displayed at the beginning of a turn
- During deployment the undo button can be used to get a unit back into the HQ as long as it has not been moved
- Paratroops can be placed in airborne mode if air deploy hexes are available
- Units can be removed from or added to view by pressing 'F9' to see the terrain
- Unit modifier "Close air support": Will be activated during attacks of tactical bombers if friendly ground units are adjacent to the attacked enemy. Chance of 50% of up to +7 strength.
- Unit modifier "Battlefield air interdiction": Will be activated during attacks of strategic bombers if friendly ground units are adjacent to the attacked enemy. Chance of 50% of up to +20% disruption.
- Sashes and tooltips indicate the armies / army groups a unit is in
- Options for adjusting density of hex markings (both borders and highlights)
- A selected unit on the map will also be selected in the HQ (Stechkin)
- Infantry can abandon vehicles if they run out of fuel. The vehicles are lost in the field then.
- Adjusted the number of deploy hexes to new rules
- Added Romanian reinforcements in turn 5
- Removed Objectives Kerch, Sudak and Feodosia
- Fixed Recruitment without deploy hexes (Bismarck)
- Fixed map so it could be won (jiangzhouzi)
*Zhitomir* (single and multiplayer)
- Fixed destroyed artillery to count for victory (jiangzhouzi)
- Added Soviet reinforcements if Germans approach Kursk
- Added several fortified position
To download the update, players can run “Check for Update” via the game menu or on the game’s download page.
Get more information on Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 from its official product page.