Field of Glory II - Holiday 2017 Tournament

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

eddieballgame
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Field of Glory II - Holiday 2017 Tournament

Post by eddieballgame »

If you are logged in, the games should automatically appear. That has been my, short time, experience. Try 'refresh'; hope you can get it resolved.
rexhurley
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by rexhurley »

XLegione wrote:Hi, I have a problem, I received the mail about my turn but I don't find the game in my multiplayer list of current games.

Who can help me?

Many thanks

Stefano
Have a look in the enemy's turn tab it may be that they are Player 1 so they get it first like my opponent has.

Regards Rex
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

XLegione wrote:Hi, I have a problem, I received the mail about my turn but I don't find the game in my multiplayer list of current games.

Who can help me?

Many thanks

Stefano
Soon after the email, you should have 1 tournament game in the My turns tab, and the mirror game in the enemy Turn tab.

If this isn't so, please email support@slitherine.co.uk
Richard Bodley Scott

XLegione
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by XLegione »

Alberto gave me the right instruction and I found the issue.
Everything is ok now.

See you on the battlefield.

Ciao
Stefano
schmolywar
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by schmolywar »

I think my opponent is a no show. Is it possible for me to get a new one if available?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

schmolywar wrote:I think my opponent is a no show. Is it possible for me to get a new one if available?
Unfortunately not. The system is automated and does not have that facility.

If you played your first turn in your game, then if he doesn't show you will get a BYE score of 75 in each game.
Richard Bodley Scott

Pixel
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Pixel »

@schmolywar Maybe try PMing your opponent. Still early in the round. I know some folks have travel or work schedules that can sometimes mean they miss a day or two. Worth a try at least. Hope your turns get picked up soon.
Image Image
shawkhan2

Post by shawkhan2 »

Has anyone mentioned a problem with opponents surrendering before they are broken? Just lost a lot of points through this.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

shawkhan2 wrote:Has anyone mentioned a problem with opponents surrendering before they are broken? Just lost a lot of points through this.
Conceding in tournaments will be disabled in a future patch.
Richard Bodley Scott

mhladnik
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by mhladnik »

rbodleyscott wrote:Conceding in tournaments will be disabled in a future patch.
Very good!
shawkhan2 wrote:Has anyone mentioned a problem with opponents surrendering before they are broken? Just lost a lot of points through this.
Just trying to understand, to see if I'm reading the system right ... based on the official scores, it looks like you won your games 22-54 (-32) and and 28-49 (-21). The first match is fine, while you needed 4 more points in the second to win by virtue of the 25 margin, but the opponent conceded? Sorry it happened that way.
Last edited by mhladnik on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
shawkhan2

Post by shawkhan2 »

I had two Seleucid phalanxes outflanked and on the ropes and an elephant with infantry support about to break a cataphract at the time. Could easily have had twenty more points in a turn or two. As it is did not even get the 85 points expected in a minimum victory. Bad form here I think.
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

My apologies to my opponent. Unfortunately when I signed up I had forgotten I would go to England for several days during the first round, and I didn't have any way to play my turns during those days.
rexhurley

Post by rexhurley »

shawkhan2 wrote:I had two Seleucid phalanxes outflanked and on the ropes and an elephant with infantry support about to break a cataphract at the time. Could easily have had twenty more points in a turn or two. As it is did not even get the 85 points expected in a minimum victory. Bad form here I think.
Its been discussed at length and unfortunate it has happened to you this round as it did to me in a previous tournament but please note RBS's comment that this will be disabled in a future patch will be great sadly though I still expect then some people will deliberately time out.
Greyhunter3
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Greyhunter3 »

Is there a lot of people willingly timing out their games in tournaments if they feel they are loosing? I find it so sad, that's just a game after all.
(but personnaly in strategy games I have a kind of a terrier personnality, I never willingly give up and never let my prey go so I always fight until the end)
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Greyhunter3 wrote:Is there a lot of people willingly timing out their games in tournaments if they feel they are losing?
There is absolutely no advantage to them in doing so - they would certainly get more points by continuing.

More likely they just lose interest and stop playing. Which I agree is bad form, but it would be a mistake to regard it as gamesmanship.
Richard Bodley Scott

mhladnik

Post by mhladnik »

I'm surprised and pleased to be leading after the first round of my first tournament; very lucky. Now of course the system will draw me against a tough opponent, so I should enjoy it while it lasts :D
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

mhladnik wrote:I'm surprised and pleased to be leading after the first round of my first tournament; very lucky. Now of course the system will draw me against a tough opponent, so I should enjoy it while it lasts :D
If you do plummet after this round you can draw comfort many others will do the same.........I am artificially high too after round one and Pontus v Pergamene are two of my bogey armies .....I haven't a clue how to use them properly :(
mhladnik

Post by mhladnik »

Thank you for your support! Good luck :)
Spectre195

Post by Spectre195 »

Excited for round two. I slacked off this last week and a half focused on the first round that I forgot to do a couple practice games, since I don't know these armies! Oh well! Good news is I won both my games in the first round which is my first wins out of 15 games prior!! So no matter how the rest of the tournament comes out I am happy!
cyrano

Post by cyrano »

I'm a bit troubled that my game timed out and I received what amounted to a 150-0 loss even though PBEM++ never updated my turn.

It's not that I'd have won - my record suggests the contrary -- but I regularly checked for turns and never had one waiting for me. To receive zero points for the round seems inequitable...

Return to “News & Announcements”