Can't load game on 1.2.0

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

Janus366
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Can't load game on 1.2.0

Post by Janus366 »

I just installed the 1.2.0 patch and I started a new game. When I wanted to load an autosave I suddenly noticed that I cant load it with the game freezing at the loading screen. I can load other games and they load fine. But I just want to see if there is some way to recover the autosave because I don't want to lose its progress after playing for a long time without saving. Im attaching the autosave and the output file on a .rar file.
Attachments
BASPM.rar
(17.13 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Re: Can't load game on 1.2.0

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello Janus,

Indeed, we found out yesterday that, in some scenarios, loading a game pre 1.2.0, saving it, and then loading it again might cause problems. I have submitted a patch to Slitherine earlier today. It will be released as SPM 1.4.0 soon, and you'll be able to resume your savefile. If you don't want to wait, drop me a PM stating which version are you using (i.e., the one bought on Steam or in the Slitherine store) and I'll send you a link to a hotfix.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter
Kalesin
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Kalesin »

Nacho84 wrote:
It will be released as SPM 1.4.0 soon

Cheers,
You skip 1.3 version?

And 1.4 new features?

Thanks and good luck
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Indeed, we're skipping 1.3.0 :)

Please find the changelog here.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
Janus366

Post by Janus366 »

Nacho84 wrote:Hello Janus,

Indeed, we found out yesterday that, in some scenarios, loading a game pre 1.2.0, saving it, and then loading it again might cause problems. I have submitted a patch to Slitherine earlier today. It will be released as SPM 1.4.0 soon, and you'll be able to resume your savefile. If you don't want to wait, drop me a PM stating which version are you using (i.e., the one bought on Steam or in the Slitherine store) and I'll send you a link to a hotfix.

Cheers,
It seems that I didn't explained well enough. The autosave was from a new game I started just after upgrading to 1.2. A new game that was running 1.2. I found a thread about the game not loading saves from previous versions, but in this case its a game with a save from the current version. That's why I felt stranged by it. I hope that the files I sent can't help to see why that save got corrupted from some reason.

EDIT: If the hotfix can help in this case, the version was the Steam one.
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello Janus,

Please send me the savefile if you have a minute. I believe it should work with the latest patch, but I'd like to be sure.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
Janus366

Post by Janus366 »

Nacho84 wrote:Hello Janus,

Please send me the savefile if you have a minute. I believe it should work with the latest patch, but I'd like to be sure.

Cheers,
Look at the attachment on the first post. There its everything. Or you mean a PM?
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Sorry about that, I got things mixed up. Yes, I've tried the savefile from your post and it works fine with 1.4.0, which is the version I've sent to Slitherine earlier today and that will be made available soon on Steam and via the auto-updater tool.

If you don't want to wait until the official release, feel free to PM and I'll send you a link to a hotfix.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager : Tech Support”