Bug - AI player out of control

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

Drewpan
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Bug - AI player out of control

Post by Drewpan » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:23 am

Hi Guys,

0.8.3 new Soviet Campaign because the USA Campaign has a bug in it.

I have just noticed that the FIRST Programs the AI has opened were Mercury and a Biosat in 1955.

This is WAY out of kilter and should not be possible.

I have discussed in another thread the Mission steps that players should have to complete but these
selections above should simply not be technically possible in 1955.

For starters, without Hypersonic research much of the instrumentation would not be available and
Life Support was very primitive back then. This on its own should be enough to preclude Mercury,
and a Biosat is probably more complex again.

The only way to make this game vaguely realistic is to force certain paths of research in Campaign
mode, this sort of thing is ok in Sandbox, but it is devastating in Campaign because a player only
has to survive ONE mission with tech many steps ahead and then play normally and they would be
almost guaranteed a win.

Something to work on I think.

Cheers!

Andrew (Drewpan)

Drewpan
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Bug - AI player out of control

Post by Drewpan » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:56 pm

Hi Guys,

Further to my last playing 0.8.3.1 and in a Soviet Campaign Q4 1957, the USA has just Successfully launched
a Manned Mercury Orbital flight only 3 1/2 YEARS ahead of schedule! Meanwhile the Soviets are only just ready
to launch Sputnik 1 with a Booster with only 61% reliability, which under normal circumstances is a risk you might
take to beat the other guy to their own Satellite.

Now I don't have a problem with the AI responding to the player and taking risks to beat them, after all it is/was
a Race, but this is way too unbalanced. At this rate the USA will have landed on MARS by 1969 not the Moon!

Cheers!

Andrew (Drewpan)
Attachments
AutoSave-2014-09-27-231622-1957-4-Drewpan.zip
Advanced AI too unbalanced
(10.66 KiB) Downloaded 37 times

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager : Tech Support”