Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

lirvux
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

cycle Loading Graphical Resurses

Post by lirvux »

Hello!
Thank you for the game, it is amazing!

But I have a problem - every time you start the game starts Loading Graphical Resurses. Although I realized it must be only in the first run. At the same time I downloaded almost all available RAM (3.4gb).

In the catalog to the game created more than 600 files "CAB-fee8c06a011467346a0a6bc76c0e7f92" (and other CAB-****). the total size of the directory had ballooned to 6 GB.

It is not a big problem, but still would like to understand.

Game Version: 1.5
Operating system: Debian 8 x64
CPU: i3 3.30GHz
RAN: 4GB
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
Wine version: 1.6.2

link to output-log - pastebin com/gRU975N5

I understand that you are not officially support Linux, but may still be able to advise me?
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Re: cycle Loading Graphical Resurses

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello lirvux,

Welcome to the forums! Glad you like the game. The game should only take a while to load during the first run, when it loads all the main assets and puts them in the cache folder (which can take up several GBs). You can always delete the contents of the cache folder, though it will be recreated by the game in the next run.

Not sure what you mean by "downloaded almost all available RAM". Can you elaborate a bit more?

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter
lirvux

Post by lirvux »

Loading Graphical Resurses - this procedure should take place only once, when you first start? I realized that only once and this message should not appear when I run the game the next time. Or so I have to see it and a message each time loading and this is the norm?

SAB files do not appear in the directory cache, but directly in the root directory of the game

On the morning of CAB file was 600 pieces. Now there are more than 1500 (I start the game several times) and the directory with the game weighs 7 GB

I understand all of this procedure I did not end, and each time you start the game it is repeated knitted.

If I play it a week, all my hard drive is completely occupied. Of course, I can delete these files SAB, but because it is not normal. They do not have to be created again and again
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello lirvux,

The game shouldn't be writing anything in the installation directory other than a couple of small logfiles (just a few KBs).

The cached files are stored automatically by Unity, the game engine we're using, in C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\LocalLow\Unity\WebPlayer\Cache\MatrixGames_BASPM. The size of that directory should never go beyond 4 GB and the resources are only loaded the first time, so you should only see the loading screen the first time the game starts up. If you see the loading screen every time you launch the game, there might be a problem with your current configuration in Wine, though I cannot comment on that since I'm not familiar at all with that software.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
lirvux

Post by lirvux »

Hello!

Well, it's not so bad, I'll write a script that cleans catalog of CAB files after I finish playing :)

In order not to create a new topic, one more question:

I tried to max resolution 1600x1200, but my flight screen looks like this:
http://postimg.org/image/ahgca3tnl/full/

I think the resolution is too low to make it look like this:
download/file.php?id=16784

But this looks like the screenshot 1280×744 and displayed "Flight controllers" and "Flight crew"

Yet the Internet has found a screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/G5XfDd9.jpg

Here instead of photos MCC also shows a more useful information...

It's like you can turn on?

Thanks for help!
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello lirvux,

Yes, good idea about the script. Sorry I cannot provide a more permanent solution.

Try 1366x768 if you want to see a screen similar to the second link you provided. The image from the third link belong to an earlier version of the game. That screen was subsequently redesigned during the Early Access Program and the information about the mission components involved in the current mission step was subsequently discarded.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
lirvux

Post by lirvux »

Thanks, I try
lirvux

Post by lirvux »

:) I'm happy! I found a solution to all my bugs!

Everything was very simple:
In my home directory (C:\users\lirvux) was not AppData directory, and has been ... Application Data...

I just create it and it worked!

It seems that the game is looking for the wrong directory: %appdata%, and by tightly bound path: %HOMEPATH%/AppData. This problem arises. But then on Windows XP should not work, because there is also a catalog called application date ... Strange

But the main thing I decided. Previously, the cache is not stored on the hard disk, and is in RAM. The game took all of my RAM. Now it takes only 600mb! Hooray!

Now I can afford screen resolution 1920x1200 (previously lacked RAM)

Also, there was a problem - not working these buttons:
http://firepic.org/?v=6.2015-08-13_wa3jg7zvgnse.png
But now they have work!

Thank you for trying to help me! I hope my information is helpful to other people who play on linux

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager : Tech Support”