Red Moon Causes Plague of Frogs

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

RobZ
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Red Moon Causes Plague of Frogs

Post by RobZ »

I'm guessing that not too many people lose the space race to the Soviets - otherwise these frogs would have been found long ago .. :D

Playing as NASA in "Buzz Hard" mode I lost the moon race to the Soviets in the early 70's. The end game summary screen was presented to me. There were a number of bugs:

1) The "medal field" displayed a picture of the "Hero of the Soviet Union" medal. (Which I felt it was nice of them to award me. If somewhat mocking.)

2) The "text field" adjacent to the medal display was initially blank. However, after I visited the other tabs on that summary screen (more on that later) this field displayed the string "ROBOTIC_GOALS" (yes, with underscore) in the header.

3) Clicking on the Robotic Goals tab showed that all of my goals were the same! ALL goals were Study of Microgravity on Amphibians 1969.Q4. None of them were actually accomplished, of course, since I never launched that particular probe. Also, as I am sure you are aware, this is NOT a standard Robotic Goal - but rather a sub-goal.

4) All Manned Goals were the same. Frogs must have taken over the world or something!

Seems pretty clear to me that someone is getting passed some bad parameters ("There's some bad acid going around .. "). This should be another bug that is really obvious when you bench check the code.

Good luck, and thanks for a great game!
RZ

Running on my iPad iOS version 7.xx - Version 1.6.25 (March 1st, 2016 - 19:40 GMT - Built with Unity 4.6.9p4)
RobZ

Re: Red Moon Causes Plague of Frogs

Post by RobZ »

Same thing happens to the CCCP when they lose the moon race to NASA.

"Hero of the Soviet Union" medal, "ROBOTIC_GOALS" (with underscore) says the adjacent text box, and all goals have turned into frogs!

Am I the only person to ever lose this game? :cry:

RZ

Running on my iPad iOS version 7.xx - Version 1.6.25 (March 1st, 2016 - 19:40 GMT - Built with Unity 4.6.9p4)
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Re: Red Moon Causes Plague of Frogs

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello RobZ,

Indeed, I don't recall this issue being reported before! I'll investigate during the week and get back to you. I'm also sending you a PM.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager : Tech Support”