Imperialist Propaganda Trumps Soviet Triumph

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

RobZ
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Imperialist Propaganda Trumps Soviet Triumph

Post by RobZ »

Playing the Race to the Moon as NASA on "Buzz Hard" difficulty I lost the Space Race to the CCCP in 1971. I got the "Red Moon" and endgame dialogue, but I decided to keep playing anyway. (After all, there is no hard stop there - the player is basically invited to continue. I like that, it's an interesting design touch.)

Eventually, of course, I got a moon landing (Q3.1974). When I did, I received the dialogue congratulating me for being the FIRST to reach the moon. This dialogue also mentioned that I was going to get the "Distinguished Service Medal" for my accomplishment, but since I was so slow in getting there, in fact I only got the "Outstanding Service Medal".

Imperialist propaganda! CCCP was first to moon!

May I make a suggestion? I think it would be neat if there was an unique dialogue box for this event! When a player gets to the moon in second place they should get a special message. Suggestions:

For NASA: "BLUE MOON" - "You managed to get enough funding from Congress to put a man on the moon despite the early Soviet success. That's an amazing accomplishment in itself. You've brought NASA back into the space race!"

For CCCP: "WHO SAID WE HAD NO MOON PROGRAM?" - "You defied the West and your own leadership, and put a Soviet on the moon anyway. Single-handedly reviving the Soviet space program and restoring the prestige of the CCCP."

Of course, these would have to be padded out but that's the gist. And I haven't played the GSA yet (I'm saving it up) so I have no suggestions for them.

Thanks for a fun game,
RZ

Running on my iPad iOS version 7.xx - Version 1.6.25 (March 1st, 2016 - 19:40 GMT - Built with Unity 4.6.9p4)
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Re: Imperialist Propaganda Trumps Soviet Triumph

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello Rob,

Thank you for your feedback!
RobZ wrote:Playing the Race to the Moon as NASA on "Buzz Hard" difficulty I lost the Space Race to the CCCP in 1971. I got the "Red Moon" and endgame dialogue, but I decided to keep playing anyway. (After all, there is no hard stop there - the player is basically invited to continue. I like that, it's an interesting design touch.)
Yes, actually you need to thank the SPM community for this one! The game originally ended after either party reached the Moon, the behaviour was changed post-release.

I'll investigate the issue you experienced and sort it out for the next update.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager : Tech Support”