Strategy Guide?

PC/iOS/Android: QVADRIGA is a tactical game of chariot racing in ancient Roman circuses, where you take control of a four horse chariot team.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, QVADRIGA Moderators

CabbageJack
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Strategy Guide?

Post by CabbageJack »

I just bought this off Steam a couple of days ago, and it is tons of fun...as long as I don't get too attached to the charioteers!

My question is, has anyone posted a strategy guide or "best practices" for the game? Because I am terrible (and I know, learning curve, but I lose drivers, chariots, and horses like a small child loses lego pieces and would love some advice on how to do better).
dukeofchutney

Re: Strategy Guide?

Post by dukeofchutney »

Im not an expert, i have around 70 races and 11 wins, 15 2nds.

I recommend starting a campaign. I cannot comment on factions as I haven't really studied them. I do have a few observations;

It is easier to get wins at the smaller tracks

focus on just finishing

horses are the most important for actually winning, driver for getting around with out crashing. Chariots are cheapest but the least important of the three.

think about the lanes. The 4th lane out from the centre is probably the golden zone. A driver with 1 star skill should get right the way around the track at full spead with out crashing as long as he uses the steady control aciton on corners and doesn't whip his horses or do a maneuver going into the corner. You can get away with both of these on the corner exit.
3rd lane out is risky but worth it for the overtake sometimes.
if you are further out than the fourth consider whipping or ramming those inside you as they will often be using the control action as so defenceless.

if there are other chariots either side of you and you are not in danger (green track) most of the time you should either be using the defence action or accelerating.

Most of my wins are with a 2 star driver, 2 lighting chariot and 2 speed arrow horses. typically i focus on just finishing the first lap in good condition. I don't whip my horses much, if at all and i try to get into a safe lane. 2nd lap i move toward the centre, probably lane 3 and try to make ground on the over takes. 3rd lap, i assess the situation. If i have taken damage or i am too far back to have a serious chance at a podium, i cruise to the end as some money is better than none. Otherwise I tend to do most of my whipping on this lap and maintain 3rd lane corners if i need them.

getting a good start seems to be random. It seems regardless what chariot set up and whether i whip or not the outcome of the initial drive out the pits is random.

consider using ram not just to eliminate an opponent but put debris on the track for other people to crash into.

The main thing i cannot find out is where to get two strength two speed horses in the campaign. It seems to me horses matter most but finding good ones is tough.

Return to “QVADRIGA”