Rating System Thoughts

PC/iOS/Android: QVADRIGA is a tactical game of chariot racing in ancient Roman circuses, where you take control of a four horse chariot team.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, QVADRIGA Moderators

eddieballgame
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Rating System Thoughts

Post by eddieballgame »

I recently purchased this game & find it quite fun & challenging. Sad to see there is no multiplayer as this game would only shine that much more. That being said, I have come up with a possible way to compare results vs other human competitors, short of just comparing basic race results.

The following idea is open to much critiquing, please.

QVADRIGA Rating System:

1st Place Finishes = 4 pts

2nd Place Finishes = 3 pts

3rd Place Finishes = 2 pt

Finishes (F) = 1 pt

Eliminations (E) = -2 pts

Rating is determined as follows:

Total # of pts accumulated divided by

Total # of RACES

example: Total Races = 50

1st = 10 for 40 pts

2nd = 10 for 30 pts

3rd = 10 for 20 pts

F = 10 for 10 pts

E = 10 for -20 pts

Total = 80 pts

Rating = (80/50)x1000 = 1600

Thus, all 1st place finishes would result in a rating of 4000

& all "Finishes" would result in a rating of 1000 ( all "E"s would = 0 rating )

This formula is designed to resemble an ELO Rating in visuals, only.
LoyalSoldier
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Rating System Thoughts

Post by LoyalSoldier »

I doubt that they will develop this game further. Which is a shame because multiplayer races would work well under the static turn system. I also think the game would be more popular if online multiplayer was an option.

The only way to compare results would be by leaderboard which could show Ariosto stats like total races won, points, points per race, total kills, etc, total riders killed, etc.

I think any points scoring system would be better if winning would be rewarded higher. So I would suggest something below:
Winner: 10 points
2nd: 7 points
3rd: 3 points
Finish: 1 point

In saying that, I am not bothered how points are determined. I am sure any would be fine. Let's face it, even having the option to play multiplayer races would be a good addition to the game.

I imagine selecting riders would be easy. At the basic level, the player selects the faction they want to use. There could also be options set to allow players to spend certain amount of money on equipment and skill points on abilities.
eddieballgame

Re: Rating System Thoughts

Post by eddieballgame »

Excellent points, all. I do have a suggestion for a possible multiplayer variation, which I will post.

Return to “QVADRIGA”