Order of Battle: World War II - v8.5.4 Update

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

richfed
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:25 pm

Re: Order of Battle: World War II - v8.5.4 Update

Post by richfed » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:27 pm

robertahyuk wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:24 pm
I downloaded the patch and placed it in the patch file and opened it. Seems like the update went fine and even had my PC tech friend check it but the regular game start menu won't start the game. I had to bring up the "Quick Start" to play. When I use the regular start menu, I get this message. Tech said it might be in the patch itself. Any ideas what caused this?

Desktop Screenshot 2020.07.22 - 09.08.27.46.png
That's the same error I was getting. I ended up just making a desktop icon directly to the game .exe, NOT autorun.

robertahyuk
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Posts: 555
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:29 pm

Re: Order of Battle: World War II - v8.5.4 Update

Post by robertahyuk » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:01 pm

Shards wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:40 pm
I've seen that before when the game launcher settings have gone wrong. I'll get the team here to investigate!

Do you happen to know what game version you were on previously? 8.4.4?

Thanks
Yes, I had version 8.4.4 before. I can play it but just had to make another icon.

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 2942
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:05 am

Re: Order of Battle: World War II - v8.5.4 Update

Post by Shards » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:43 pm

Okay, thanks, so it's likely to be an error in the latest patched launcher. I'll get the team to dig into it. Thanks for letting us know

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 4650
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:39 pm
Location: United States

Re: Order of Battle: World War II - v8.5.4 Update

Post by bru888 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:26 am

In the meantime, as richfed and robertahyuk mentioned, here is the error and how to make a shortcut directly to the game, bypassing the automenu.

Image0462.jpg
Image0462.jpg (38.82 KiB) Viewed 418 times
Image0463.jpg
Image0463.jpg (253.05 KiB) Viewed 418 times
Image0465.jpg
Image0465.jpg (160.39 KiB) Viewed 418 times
- Bru

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats
Posts: 3554
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:50 pm

Re: Order of Battle: World War II - v8.5.4 Update

Post by bebro » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:47 am

terminator wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:51 pm
prattaa wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:42 pm
What is going on with the Baukommando Becker spec? It does not seem to be in the Panzerkrieg campaign.
Baukommando Becker spec is not in the Panzerkrieg campaign. Baukommando Becker spec is in the Endsieg campaign.
Yeah, it's in ES indeed. Outside Blitz/PK/ES you can get it before in Sandstorm, but not in PK. Thing is several modifications resulting from it were used in North Africa first, then later in 44 in Normandy, so makes sense IMO.

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 2942
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:05 am

Re: Order of Battle: World War II - v8.5.4 Update

Post by Shards » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:59 am

Shards wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:43 pm
Okay, thanks, so it's likely to be an error in the latest patched launcher. I'll get the team to dig into it. Thanks for letting us know
FWIW, we've updated the patch installer to install the fixed launcher, so anyone else downloading it shouldn't experience this issue.

If you want to redownload and reinstall, it will fix the launcher, but it looks like you've got a workaround that's working for now!

robertahyuk
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Posts: 555
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:29 pm

Re: Order of Battle: World War II - v8.5.4 Update

Post by robertahyuk » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:43 am

Shards wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:59 am
Shards wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:43 pm
Okay, thanks, so it's likely to be an error in the latest patched launcher. I'll get the team to dig into it. Thanks for letting us know
FWIW, we've updated the patch installer to install the fixed launcher, so anyone else downloading it shouldn't experience this issue.

If you want to redownload and reinstall, it will fix the launcher, but it looks like you've got a workaround that's working for now!
Yes, it's fixed now as I deleted the last one and downloaded the newer version and it works fine.
Thanks Shards and Bru. Very much appreciated! Rob

calmhatchery
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 867
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Order of Battle: World War II - v8.5.4 Update

Post by calmhatchery » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:37 pm

After installing something happend with the units. They are moving strange and they do not turn in these directions to enemy troops as they fight. please check it and repair..

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 2942
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:05 am

Re: Order of Battle: World War II - v8.5.4 Update

Post by Shards » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:53 pm

calmhatchery wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:37 pm
After installing something happend with the units. They are moving strange and they do not turn in these directions to enemy troops as they fight. please check it and repair..
Hi,

Can you check your setting for Unit facings?
facings.jpg
facings.jpg (6.94 KiB) Viewed 341 times
It sounds like what you might see if you had "Always" set in this option on the Preferences Tab of Options.

calmhatchery
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 867
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Order of Battle: World War II - v8.5.4 Update

Post by calmhatchery » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:36 am

thanks I'll check it...

prattaa
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:13 pm

Re: Order of Battle: World War II - v8.5.4 Update

Post by prattaa » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:10 am

bebro wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:47 am
terminator wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:51 pm
prattaa wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:42 pm
What is going on with the Baukommando Becker spec? It does not seem to be in the Panzerkrieg campaign.
Baukommando Becker spec is not in the Panzerkrieg campaign. Baukommando Becker spec is in the Endsieg campaign.
Yeah, it's in ES indeed. Outside Blitz/PK/ES you can get it before in Sandstorm, but not in PK. Thing is several modifications resulting from it were used in North Africa first, then later in 44 in Normandy, so makes sense IMO.
Marders were made in response to experiences in Russia. In '42 there were far more Marders in Russia than in North Africa. It really should be enabled in Panzerkrieg as well.

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats
Posts: 3554
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:50 pm

Re: Order of Battle: World War II - v8.5.4 Update

Post by bebro » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:55 am

I'd rather remove Marder II, III from the spec so that they can be bought regularly, as they had nothing to do with with Baukommando Becker and were the main types in Russia.

The Marder I was indeed dev'd by Baukommando, like the 15 cm SPG on Lorraine chassis in the game, but both types were very rare in Russia, if used at all.

prattaa
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:13 pm

Re: Order of Battle: World War II - v8.5.4 Update

Post by prattaa » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:39 pm

bebro wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:55 am
I'd rather remove Marder II, III from the spec so that they can be bought regularly, as they had nothing to do with with Baukommando Becker and were the main types in Russia.

The Marder I was indeed dev'd by Baukommando, like the 15 cm SPG on Lorraine chassis in the game, but both types were very rare in Russia, if used at all.
Removing Marder II & III from the spec makes sense to me.

prattaa
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:13 pm

Re: Order of Battle: World War II - v8.5.4 Update

Post by prattaa » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:37 am

prattaa wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:39 pm
bebro wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:55 am
I'd rather remove Marder II, III from the spec so that they can be bought regularly, as they had nothing to do with with Baukommando Becker and were the main types in Russia.

The Marder I was indeed dev'd by Baukommando, like the 15 cm SPG on Lorraine chassis in the game, but both types were very rare in Russia, if used at all.
Removing Marder II & III from the spec makes sense to me.
Not to beat a dead horse but it's a bit odd that the availability of Marder 1 is in June '42 and Marder II & III in July '42 but the spec is not available until August. :?:

Post Reply

Return to “Order of Battle Series”