PBEM Server issues

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Smirnoff
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

PBEM Server issues

Post by Smirnoff »

Game turns will not save, player asked if they want to try again.
a) If 'Yes' get roatating Sun and nothing else. Have to exit and return to menu (see b below)
b) If 'No' and then exit to menu then when the PEBM is loaded again the hover instruction over the game says' waiting for other players turn'. So I do not know if the turns are saving by method b but it seems they are.
So why is it impossible to save a trun as normal please?

Cannot kick player.
This if offered on old games (where we want to get rid of them) but when selected get roatating Sun and nothing else.

Is there an easy way of removing our old games from the scenario lists in play?
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: PBEM Server issues

Post by bru888 »

I wonder if your issues are related to those being discussed in the Global Announcements thread PBEM server maintenance notice (October 12) which is now five pages long. OOB is not one of the games listed as being affected, but still I wonder. You may want to look through that thread if you have not done so already.
- Bru
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

I can't kick out players from old defunct multi-player games. So it looks like there is some issue with this.
Also, I can' select any player slot in a challenge. I have to seelct the first available.
If I create the challenge, I can select any slot.
I reported this way back.
Smirnoff
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Smirnoff »

bru888 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:22 pm I wonder if your issues are related to those being discussed in the Global Announcements thread PBEM server maintenance notice (October 12) which is now five pages long. OOB is not one of the games listed as being affected, but still I wonder. You may want to look through that thread if you have not done so already.
Cheers, I did have a scoot through but I'm no tekkie. Thought we were getting a new PBEM server end of Sept/early Oct? If its that it needs a good going over.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”