Advanced manual?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators, Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

oob_fan
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Advanced manual?

Post by oob_fan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:32 pm

Is there some sort of readme manual (or sticky) that covers the game mechanics in more detail? For example, what is the green number on the right of the "strength" value for some infantry unit icons?

Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Re: Advanced manual?

Post by Parallax » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:55 pm

oob_fan wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:32 pm
Is there some sort of readme manual (or sticky) that covers the game mechanics in more detail? For example, what is the green number on the right of the "strength" value for some infantry unit icons?
Maybe that's the number of turns unit can spend without losing efficiency without supply? Paratroopers, special forces, marines, i think, have such feature

oob_fan

Post by oob_fan » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:23 am

That seems consistent with how they indicate flight time for aircraft, but I sometimes see it with units behind enemy lines as well. I take it there's nothing but the intro-level book it comes with?

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:10 pm

oob_fan wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:23 am
That seems consistent with how they indicate flight time for aircraft, but I sometimes see it with units behind enemy lines as well. I take it there's nothing but the intro-level book it comes with?
That is correct. Also, the manual provided with the game has never been updated. Fortunately, there are only three major revisions to the game that are missing in the manual. Here they are:

viewtopic.php?f=264&t=74089
viewtopic.php?f=264&t=74192
viewtopic.php?f=264&t=76808

Your alternative is to search this main forum and the Scenario Design forum for topics of interest because, in a vacuum, the community has exchanged much discovered information about this game. Or you can start your own threads and ask.
- Bru

oob_fan

Post by oob_fan » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:54 pm

Thanks - looking at them now :)

oob_fan

Post by oob_fan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:20 am

Does anything explain the mechanics of the 'wolfpack' bonus (ie, how close they have to be to get it?) Or how to recover unit readiness once out of combat? It almost seems random how long they have to be out of combat, and whether they have to stay stationary or not.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”