Difficulty level.

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

stormbringer3
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Difficulty level.

Post by stormbringer3 »

I'm in the Bootcamp Missions and it's on level 1. When I'm finished with the Bootcamp Missions what level is recommended as I move on to US Pacific? Would that be the same for the DLCs? Level 3 is about as high as I'd like to go.
Thanks for any opinions.
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Difficulty level.

Post by bru888 »

I have been playing this game for five years and I always play on Level 3. I like enemy units to be straight up strong against my own; each side starts with strength 10 units. On Level 1, the enemy is 6. Level 2, 8; Level 4, 12; and Level 5, 13 (not 14; don't ask why because nobody knows).

When I design stuff, I always try to balance the gameplay for Level 3. I would like to think of, but I cannot vouch for, the official DLC designers doing the same.

That said, you will get quite a few responses from players who insist that they always play on Level 5 and crave an even greater challenge. God bless 'em.

So my advice is to start on Level 3 and adjust it according to how you play and what you enjoy.
- Bru
w_michael
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by w_michael »

I play on level 3 as well. I prefer both sides to start at the same strength level.
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns and Field of Glory II series enthusiast
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Ditto level 3.

I would prefer that difficulty levels were handled, well differently.
Adjusted resource income and unit exp are two possibilities.
Epperaliant
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Epperaliant »

I know I already asked, but is max difficulty actually enjoyable or would it just be an exercise in frustration?
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

I prefer to play at difficulty level IV, AI when it attacks is more effective ! This compensates for the weakness of the AI when it attacks.
Some scenarios where the AI attacks changes aspect when playing Level IV versus Level III.
prestidigitation

Post by prestidigitation »

Epperaliant wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:14 pm I know I already asked, but is max difficulty actually enjoyable or would it just be an exercise in frustration?
I find it enjoyable and usually get through max difficulty missions in a single run. Once you know how the game all works a couple extra pips of strength won’t help the AI much.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”