Command points and army core display

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Alexkfabian
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Command points and army core display

Post by Alexkfabian » Sat May 02, 2015 2:23 pm

With your permission, I'd like to point out a few issues:

1. When you load up the tutorial scenario no.3 "Fleet Command", your available command points are as following: 0 Land, 20 Naval, 20 Air.
However, looking at the air supply, there are 20 supply points total (10 from airfield and 10 from carrier) while only 8 points being still available (there are already 4 planes deployed for a total of 12 command points). Is this a bug or am I mistaken?
2. Newly purchased units vanish from "Display reserve units" tab and appear only on the "Display all alive units" if no more available command points for the scenario remain. It's a bit confusing...
3. Is there a way of sorting the army core ? (by unit type at least). Quite frankly, those tabs are quite a mess right now and a pain to navigate through.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

P.S.
If possible, at your leisure, please add the following:
- ability to select various map hexes in order to view their terrain attributes;
- detailed combat prediction, accessible both prior and after the combat takes place (with all modifiers and percentages). I'm an accountant, it's probably a work related deficiency :oops:

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Command points and army core display

Post by Erik2 » Sat May 02, 2015 2:54 pm

3) While beta-testing I asked for the force list to be sorted by Nationality -> Class ->Unit type -> Unit name
It would be really helpful in the game and even more so in the editor.

adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal » Sat May 02, 2015 3:00 pm

1. When you load up the tutorial scenario no.3 "Fleet Command", your available command points are as following: 0 Land, 20 Naval, 20 Air.
However, looking at the air supply, there are 20 supply points total (10 from airfield and 10 from carrier) while only 8 points being still available (there are already 4 planes deployed for a total of 12 command points). Is this a bug or am I mistaken?
Command Points and supply output are not directly related. Command Points (CP) determine the maximum amount of units you can deploy in the scenario. This value may increase or decrease during the scenario based on certain events.

Supply output determines how many units can effective be supported on the battlefield. So while you may have enough CP to deploy 20 aircraft, if you only have 1 carrier and no airfields you can only deploy 3 or 4 because of the air supply limit. Or you may have 100 or more supply output from various supply sources on the map but still the amount of units you can deploy will be limited by the Land CP cap.

Incidentally the supply cost and CP cost of a specific unit type are always identical, but the two limits are unaffected by one another.
2. Newly purchased units vanish from "Display reserve units" tab and appear only on the "Display all alive units" if no more available command points for the scenario remain. It's a bit confusing...
3. Is there a way of sorting the army core ? (by unit type at least). Quite frankly, those tabs are quite a mess right now and a pain to navigate through.
I agree with you. Point 2 was actualy introduced to make the list a bit shorter if you cannot deploy units of a certain category (land, air or naval).

We plan on adding land, air or naval filters to the force list however, and the ability to sort the list through drag & drop would be very useful as well.

adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal » Sat May 02, 2015 4:03 pm

Force list category filters are done :)
filters.jpg
filters.jpg (42.68 KiB) Viewed 1878 times
Will be available in next week's patch.

apec
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by apec » Sat May 02, 2015 4:56 pm

An excellent addition.
Thank you very much for your commitment in improving an already fine game.

Regards

Return to “Order of Battle Series”