A question for the developers

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

apec
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

A question for the developers

Post by apec »

I am wondering if the game engine allows the creation of a single player campaign where you can manage two separated core forces.

More specifically, I was dreaming of an western allied campaign in which you can manage, deploy and play with british and american core armies together in same campaign. In the old Allied General you only had the option to play separated campaigns for british and americans.

The same approach could be used for a single player Africa Korps campaign in which you can manage both german and italian armies each with their separated command points, resources etc. I think this would add a completely new dimension compared to the previous AfricaKorps game.

Thank you again for this fantastic game, I have compulsively played it for several hours so far and I really like the new design and the new refreshing ideas that you put in.

Regards
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Re: A question for the developers

Post by adherbal »

We were planning to have both a US and Australian core for the Allied campaign initially, hence the "Cores" tab in the campaign view. But because the scenarios turned out to be much bigger - and more time-consuming to create - we decided to cover the US only for now.

So the basics of multi-core support are there, but it hasn't been tested or completed yet. I certainly agree it would be very cool for a European theatre, where as Germans you'd have a Western, Eastern and Africa core and during the campaign you can move units over between these cores. This could the also be tied to scenario achievements for example if you lose a naval battle on the mediterranean you won't be able to transfer (as much) units to the Africa core.
apec
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by apec »

Thank you adherbal,

I see you have a lot interesting projects and ideas in your to do list :D

Now I really wish that you will realise all of them :wink:

regards,
KNavis
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by KNavis »

First, my compliments for this awesome, really addictive game!

I'm sorry for my english and for asking something that, may be, someone yet asked: what about a Skirmish mode?
Again, have You any DLC in program? It could be interesting to represent the japanese continental campaigns in late '30s, like the 2nd Sino-Japanese war.

Anyway, thank You again for Your efforts, it's really a great title! :D
Myrddraal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by Myrddraal »

A skirmish mode is something we'd really like to include, but no promises just yet.

If we do introduce skirmish mode, it would probably come in the form of randomised enemies on fixed maps first, with an aspiration to eventually include random maps.
rezaf
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by rezaf »

adherbal wrote:I certainly agree it would be very cool for a European theatre, where as Germans you'd have a Western, Eastern and Africa core and during the campaign you can move units over between these cores. This could the also be tied to scenario achievements for example if you lose a naval battle on the mediterranean you won't be able to transfer (as much) units to the Africa core.
That sounds fantastic, I hope you get to implement something like that eventually.
Even in a larger asian campaign this could be cool. Imagine playing Japan and having cores in Manchuria and on various island fronts (Phillipines, Java, etc.), and you can transfer troops between those cores (but they will be unavailable for several battles and can even be lost on transit). Then again, this would almost be a meta-game and maybe not the right scope for this game.

Just having cores for multiple nationalities sounds more straight forward, easier to implement and more useful for the immediate future - a china DLC could have Manchuko support troops for Japan, and the allies in general could benefit from such feature - especially the commonwealth. As I wrote elsewhere, I hope you guys sell many copies of this game and will improve it with DLCs and/or addons for years to come. 8)
_____
rezaf

Return to “Order of Battle Series”