Unit issues

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

HobbesACW
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Unit issues

Post by HobbesACW » Sat May 16, 2015 9:59 am

Many thanks Horst!

simcc
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by simcc » Sat May 16, 2015 10:13 am

Good to have players like Horst hahahaha good job

Myrddraal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by Myrddraal » Sat May 16, 2015 12:25 pm

Beware, don't alter the files in the Data folder if you're playing multiplayer. This will break your games.

If you want to play mp, create a mod folder to limit the modified stats to when you're playing single player.

Horst
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Horst » Sat May 16, 2015 12:32 pm

Ah yes, I forgot about multiplayer. I've added a note about that to the download post.

Happy playing!

Dragoon.
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Dragoon. » Sat May 16, 2015 3:04 pm

Something odd going on with the TBF-1 Avenger (T) upgrading(switching) to the bomber version cost money, but the other way round from (B) to (T) is free. Unlike the Helldiver where "upgrading" to the other version always cost money.
Now you may say it's redundant anyway, since you can switch anytime via the interface buttons. The thing is since upgrading to Avenger (B) to (T) is free I can basically via upgrading get Elite replacements for the cost of recruit replacements. *exploit* :D

Horst
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Horst » Sat May 16, 2015 6:05 pm

Dragoon wrote:Something odd going on with the TBF-1 Avenger (T) upgrading(switching) to the bomber version cost money, but the other way round from (B) to (T) is free. Unlike the Helldiver where "upgrading" to the other version always cost money.
Now you may say it's redundant anyway, since you can switch anytime via the interface buttons. The thing is since upgrading to Avenger (B) to (T) is free I can basically via upgrading get Elite replacements for the cost of recruit replacements. *exploit* :D
Yes, I can reproduce that too here by starting a scenario with switchable tactical bombers, basically with all units capable switching to an alternate variant within its class.
For example, you purchase a switchable tactical bomber like the Avenger, so it appears in the force list at beginning. There you select it and switch to its alternate variant. Then the cost is for free to upgrade it to the alternate variant (which could save you replacement costs). If you keep the plane in its purchased variant state, the upgrade to the alternate variant still costs something.
Sounds a bit confusing, but anyone can check this out by the US-Midway (42) scenario. I also could reproduce it with other planes, including japanese ones.

In short: units capable switching to an alternate, also purchasable variant of same class like tactical bombers with bombs and torpedoes, can cause free upgrades in their switched state to the alternate/original variant.

While testing that, I've noticed that the B5N2_Kanko_B has the noPurchase trait as only switch-variant. This is maybe a good feature, as it can prevent free reinforcements by the exploit above. I don't want to offer this as download yet though.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”