Game Performance

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Kyrian
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Game Performance

Post by Kyrian » Fri May 15, 2015 3:42 am

First of all, let me tell you that the game is great and I really enjoy playing it on my desktop!

I like it so much that I would also like to play it on the go on my ultrabook.
I have the latest 5th gen i5 with GPU i5500... and there are some significant lags (frame rate drop).
Note: this only happens when the AI is playing
It is a bit unfortunate that a turn-based wargame like OOB is so resource intensive that it cannot run on a last gen laptop (DELL XPS13 2015).

At least it would be good to have some options to make it playable without animation or something like that.
I have tried the 2D map but it doesn't help much. Neither did it help to put all setting to the lowest level.

Thank you for considering my request. I am sure other would appreciate to see it run on an ultrabook.
If it cannot run on latest gen i5, I doubt it will run on an ipad.
Last edited by Kyrian on Fri May 15, 2015 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kyrian

Re: Game Performance

Post by Kyrian » Fri May 15, 2015 4:02 am

Note: setting the animation speed to the maximum level helps a lot (so fast that there is no time to see the lag)... This might be the solution.

adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal » Fri May 15, 2015 9:35 am

With the work on the first patch out of the way (should be out soon) we intend to focus on overal stability and performance now. There are numerous small optimalisations planned which will hopefully add up to improve framerate in general. We've also started on a new display mode which is a sort of hybrid between the 3D world map and the board game map. It will be designed for the iPad primarily but will also be available on the PC/Mac versions.

Ron42na
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Ron42na » Fri May 15, 2015 12:32 pm

Kyrian wrote: It is a bit unfortunate that a turn-based wargame like OOB is so resource intensive that it cannot run on a last gen laptop (DELL XPS13 2015).
Interesting - I also play on an XPS 13 2015 and I don't see frame rate issues, although the AI does take longer than I expect to decide what to do each turn. However, I've only played the tutorial and Pearl Harbor (as Japan), as well as a few online scenarios...so maybe it's an issue with certain scenarios?

I use the default OOB settings, and I have 8 MB RAM and run Windows 8.1 (64 bit) with the solid state hard drive.

Kyrian

Post by Kyrian » Fri May 15, 2015 3:12 pm

Interesting. Have updated some drivers?
Don't you have the fan that kick in as soon as you run OOB?
I am in the American campaign on the XPS and the Japon campaign on my gaming desktop.

Thank you for your input Adherbal.

Great game! keep up with the good work!

Return to “Order of Battle Series”