Guadalcanal US tips?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

bigorange
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Guadalcanal US tips?

Post by bigorange » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:53 pm

I keep getting Henderson AFB overrun after 18 turns or so. I've been buying a bunch of Marines, so maybe that's not the best strategy? Any tips appreciated.

morge4
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: Guadalcanal US tips?

Post by morge4 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:41 pm

I try and balance between Marines and HW infantry. Also throw in a few artillery pieces...I place my units out as far as possible

uran21
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by uran21 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:55 pm

I go for the rightmost capture point at the coast ASAP to improve supply situation and not to be dependent on current supply situations if AI captures something. Provide one destroyer up the cost as support. Place minefields in front of Henderson airfield, this is effective way to slow down enemy advance. Place artillery at the back. One around the airfield and one for the group advancing on the rightmost part of the map. That group after capturing supply source should defeat attack coming from inland and advance to approach those enemy units attacking Henderson airfield from the back. So you can even cut them off supply if successful. I do not use too much tanks in this one but do note medical jeep can be put to good use to outflank some troops and cut them off supply even if it is not combat unit.

Here a link to a screenshot so you can see deployment of minefields and range of artillery is set just one hex in front of those outpost infantry. Although it is a high chance those will get killed eventually.

jdarocha
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by jdarocha » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:09 pm

Invest in 4 artillery units or more and dig in hard. Use your artillery to soften up the Japanese Infantry attacks. Also, don't pursue fleeing Japanese infantry no matter how deleted/wounded they are.
Halder

KeinGeneral
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by KeinGeneral » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:17 pm

bigorange wrote:I keep getting Henderson AFB overrun after 18 turns or so. I've been buying a bunch of Marines, so maybe that's not the best strategy? Any tips appreciated.
because I have found that both Airborne -, marine - and hw infantry in the best case 6 hexes in advance can move and all Scenarien have mostly jungle, where vehicles are a hindrance, I renounce engines and prefer to invest in more troops. a tank (Lee) is also helpful and a flak un motorized.
still never follow the ailing Japanese troops only should the two support units quickly the village rightmost conquer because a) better care and b) is a pak gets there, which can be used to attack tanks when the Japanese.
but the importance of the scenarios in advance. there suffered as little as possible losses, specifically to upgrade and to achieve this, save, save again, save and save again
If you find mistakes may keep them or send to Google, the Google there are errors

Return to “Order of Battle Series”