Battle of Britain is out!

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

Lightning
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Battle of Britain is out!

Post by Lightning » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:06 am

Downloaded rev 1.83 again and installed the patch. I was able to launch the game, then clicked on the install link within the game to get the BoB patch. Exited the game then restarted and saw an opening splash screen with the Pacific launcher option on the left and the BoB option on the right. Clicked on the BoB link which took me to a black screen and nothing more. Had to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to exit the task and back out of the game. Relaunched the fame and this time clicked on The Pacific link on the left which worked fine and noticed that the rev was still at 1.83. So, not sure what I'm doing wrong at this point. All of the previous downloadable content seems to work fine and are located in the Scenarios section.

Lightning

Jeffzilla1212
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Jeffzilla1212 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:42 am

I am having the exact same problem as the post above

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:25 am

Lightning wrote:Downloaded rev 1.83 again and installed the patch. I was able to launch the game, then clicked on the install link within the game to get the BoB patch. Exited the game then restarted and saw an opening splash screen with the Pacific launcher option on the left and the BoB option on the right. Clicked on the BoB link which took me to a black screen and nothing more. Had to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to exit the task and back out of the game. Relaunched the fame and this time clicked on The Pacific link on the left which worked fine and noticed that the rev was still at 1.83. So, not sure what I'm doing wrong at this point. All of the previous downloadable content seems to work fine and are located in the Scenarios section.

Lightning
Now that you have 1.83 installed you need to install 1.93.

Jeffzilla1212

Post by Jeffzilla1212 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:00 am

To confirm.....installing the 1.83 patch and then the 1.93 did the job. The BoB content is now gloriously there. As a note, I don't see patch 1.83 as being available on the OOB Pacific product pages; neither here nor on the Matrix site.

Jeff

calmhatchery
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by calmhatchery » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:30 am

Awesome MOD but please repair some of bugs:
- THE MAP of EUROPE (before the enter the battle) is present. Please change map of Europe from in 1939 or 1940 year
- In the first scenario the british bomber and german boat at some point they stand and not move
- I've noticed that german elite camo dissapeard

Lightning

Post by Lightning » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:32 pm

Downloaded rev 1.93 and got the game to load and the BOB campaign to launch. I'll likely give it a whirl later today. Thanks for the free DLC.

Lightning

Cortilein
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Cortilein » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:24 pm

calmhatchery wrote:Awesome MOD but please repair some of bugs:
- THE MAP of EUROPE (before the enter the battle) is present. Please change map of Europe from in 1939 or 1940 year
I second that. It is embarassing to see today's borders on the map, including independent Baltic States and crumbled Yugoslavia. It is just plain wrong.

bssybeep
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by bssybeep » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:28 am

Fun mod.

I noticed the Stukas seem to do a large amount of damage to shipping. Basically two hits and the ship is sunk. The problem I have is while defending shipping, even with two Hurricanes attacking and knocking the Stukas health down to 2-4 points, it still does the same amount of damage. The damage should be dialed back as the Stuka takes damage.

bssybeep

Post by bssybeep » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:43 am

It would also be nice to be able to launch more than one plan from our airfields. I have a number of planes at the bases being repaired, but can only launch one at a time? thanks

Magic1111
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by Magic1111 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:40 pm

I switch in Main Menu to german language (click on flag), but the briefings (Text & spoken Briefings) are furthermore in english.

Is german language not available?

adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:06 am

No, sadly we didn't have the time to localise the whole mod. With the game now supporting 4 languages that has become a substantional undertaking.

Magic1111

Post by Magic1111 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:39 pm

adherbal wrote:No, sadly we didn't have the time to localise the whole mod.
Hmm, that's a pity! :(

Is there a plan to translate this in german language in the future?

Because for example the complete Panzer Corps Grand Campaign are available in german language, I have the same gladly for this game / Add-On too! :D

adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:13 pm

the complete Panzer Corps Grand Campaign are available in german language
But did that also cost you $0.00? :roll:

All upcoming (unannounced) full DLC campaigns will of course be available in all languages supported by the base game.

Magic1111

Post by Magic1111 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:46 pm

adherbal wrote: But did that also cost you $0.00?
An Add-On in my mother language would be also worth to pay for it.... :wink:

In my Opinion nothing is better for the atmosphere than to read text and hear spoken things in own language! :D

Mark50
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Mark50 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:59 pm

I see you guys are still modders at heart. NTW2 was a radical total conversion and this one seems pretty impressive too. Only now you`re modding your own game. :D Kudos to everyone involved!

EDIT: btw, if you went through the trouble of adding an European map for the menu, why add one from the XXI century? It even shows Kosovo. Luckily, the pistol covers Crimea ...
http://slitherine.com/screenshots/origi ... 6436_1.jpg

Toby42

Post by Toby42 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:18 pm

bssybeep wrote:Fun mod.

I noticed the Stukas seem to do a large amount of damage to shipping. Basically two hits and the ship is sunk. The problem I have is while defending shipping, even with two Hurricanes attacking and knocking the Stukas health down to 2-4 points, it still does the same amount of damage. The damage should be dialed back as the Stuka takes damage.
Stuka's do way too much damage and Spitfire's are pretty harmless! The Hurricane is more potent! But, I didn't buy the game for this MOD. Also I think that the scenario's and the campaign is mixed up on the start-up menu? It also would be nice to switch back to the Pacific game without exiting the game and re-opening! Basically a cool game...
Tony

Toby42

Post by Toby42 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:18 pm

Tombstone wrote:
bssybeep wrote:Fun mod.

Stuka's do way too much damage and Spitfire's are pretty harmless! The Hurricane is more potent! But, I didn't buy the game for this MOD. Also I think that the scenario's and the campaign is mixed up on the start-up menu? It also would be nice to switch back to the Pacific game without exiting the game and re-opening! Basically a cool game...
I guess there is more than one way to access the "Campaign" scenario. You can click on the map presented to play the campaign, or the intro to planes! Also the Campaign starts on July 10th, not June 12th? No big deal either way!!
Tony

donger
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by donger » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:51 am

Magic1111 wrote:Because for example the complete Panzer Corps Grand Campaign are available in german language, I have the same gladly for this game / Add-On too!
I agree with you and mind you, I'm not German and I don't even need the language pack, but in my opinion it turns the game into a mess for German speaking customers, when some parts are still in English, regardless the fact that this update is free. There is also such a thing called "Love for the game" that should encourage the developers that make sure that there isn't going to be a mix of two languages, when only one is selected. If this would be my "baby" as a developer, I would make sure that all 4 languages are supported, even if I had to sacrifice my own spare time to fix it without getting paid, call me crazy for all I care. :)

PS: Isn't here a way for the community to help with the translations? Come on... try to find a solution, I bet my life on it that lots of your customers speak German.

SergejK

Post by SergejK » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:26 pm

i am a bit ashamed to asking this - but i have a version 1.9.3c and i don't know where to look for Battle of Britain campaign/scenario

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:28 pm

Click no the crate in the top right corner on the main menu.
You can download the mod from there. You need to restart the game afterwards.
Attachments
crate.jpg
crate.jpg (8.65 KiB) Viewed 2405 times
download.jpg
download.jpg (50.37 KiB) Viewed 2405 times

Return to “Order of Battle Series”