Duplicate code message on Steam

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

Huygens
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Duplicate code message on Steam

Post by Huygens » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:51 am

I am truly sorry that I'm forced to open a thread here, but I fear it's my only chance to get noticed by someone.

I bought the game yesterday, from this site. I used the Steam key generation provided here. The key I received was rejected by Steam as "duplicate".

I have contacted the support, got a message requesting further information, which I immediately provided and since then (over 24 hours now) I have been waiting for some response, even an acknowledgment that someone has received the information and is looking at it. I have sent my order id, my license key and the key that was generated for Steam. I do not know if more information is needed (I shouldn't think so but then again I haven't heard back from anyone).

I got exactly one response on the thread I opened over at the Steam fora for OoB: P, foolishly thinking that it was something that could be sorted quickly and efficiently.

If I'm doing something wrong, I would appreciate any advice on how I should handle this.

Thank you in advance.

JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Duplicate code message on Steam

Post by JosephM » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:09 pm

Sorry if you are not happy about the response time on your helpdesk ticket, but we answer all messages as soon as we can. We work to GMT and have several other customers to reply to and a number of other tasks to do in the office, so we cannot guarantee a reply to a ticket immediately but we will respond as soon as we are able. However we feel that our response time is not widely outside our usual response time - contacting most companies and getting two replies within 48 hours is unusual, so you can hopefully appreciate I will answer messages as soon as I am able and would appreciate your patience. However I must stress that you have heard from us - I had responded to your initial reply within two hours and have responded to your further three messages within 25 hours, and you will hopefully have received this email.

Huygens
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Huygens » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:29 pm

I received the email. The new code was, again, rejected as duplicate.

I do not know if I'm unbelievably unlucky or if, as I suspect, there's a wider problem here. The bottom line is I still do not have access to what I paid for. Please forgive me if I'm not exactly thrilled about this whole situation.

pichpe
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by pichpe » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:44 pm

Hello,
now i have the same problem with Battle Academy 2. How is this problem resolved? Third key was ok? :-)

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:12 pm

You'll have to contact us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk

pichpe

Post by pichpe » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:48 pm

Done, thx, i will wait for reponse.

pichpe

Post by pichpe » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:01 pm

Ok, i receive email about removing of steam key from my steam serials list, but situation occred again with new key. I will write here about progress...

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:27 am

We are aware of the problem and we are working with Steam to fix the issue.
Thank for your patience.

pichpe

Post by pichpe » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:43 pm

Problem solved, five hours ago i was receive email from support. After reedeming of steam code i was successfully register game on the steam.

Thanks a lot.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:33 am

Hi guys,

we have no idea why this is happening yet and steam haven't been able to suggest anything. We've tried adjusting some things to improve it so hopefully its fixed but without knowing the cause we're kind of shooting in the dark.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”