Running out of requisition points towards end of campaign

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

zxmar05
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Running out of requisition points towards end of campaign

Post by zxmar05 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:35 am

I'm currently playing the Winter War DLC, and as with previous campaigns, I'm running out of requisitions points the further I get into a campaign.
This means that I'm not only not able to acquire new units, but I'm not even able to reinforce my core units anymore.

I'm wondering if I, as a long standing Panzer Corps player, am still not getting the game.

The one thing I realized is to not do elite reinforcements anymore. This is a new thing for me, because in Panzer Corps it was elite units all the way!

The other thing I didn't do was resting disrupted units. Previously I was throwing those into the fray regardless, since the concept of disruption was not present in Panzer Corps.

This improved things, but I'm still struggling.

I guess that I'm still playing Panzer Corps in OoB. For example: I'm still going for towns and their garrisons that are neither primary nor secondary objectives.
This gave a little prestige (not so in OoB) and some experience in Panzer Corps. But since elite reinforcements are out of the question, so are these bonus experiences points (in OoB).
Is this a correct assumption? Are there any benefits for conquering those targets?

Are there any other things I can do to get (or keep) my requisition points? Any tips?

Zipuli
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Running out of requisition points towards end of campaig

Post by Zipuli » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:58 pm

In my opinion the question is not about getting more points in general, but to lose less during playing. I also had some problems with the points especially after winter scenarios, but adjusting tactics helped a lot.

Mojko
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Mojko » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:05 pm

I am former Panzer Korps player myself and I was struggling as well. Know this: OOB is a very different game and if you will try to play it like Panzer Korps you will mostly fail. This is also the reason some people keep complaining about some units like artillery being too weak. Which is not true. Actually artillery was so OP that it got nerfed in the recent patch.

Here are some suggestions:

- check out these threads:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=71266
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=71818
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 9&start=20

- efficiency is the most important thing you need to take care of, units with 7 or less efficiency will underperform greatly
Author and maintainer of Unit Navigator Tool for Order Of Battle (http://mfendek.byethost16.com/)

WarHomer
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by WarHomer » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:17 am

Its really about your strategy.

I always reinforce with elite, though rarely before a unit is below 8 or 9.

You need to take less casualties and you can do this by different means, but mainly by keeping the units you attack at low effeciency. This is really the key. Artillery suppression first or keep the enemy unit cut off for a round or two and attack with flanking support. Whenever possible I follow this strategy and almost never attack an enemy unit at high or max effeciency. This is even more necessary in Winter War when you regularly run into a powerful russian tank.

You can also wait to upgrade a unit until that unit has suffered some casualties. This is often somewhat cheaper. I very rarely upgrade until a unit is at strength 7 or lower.

But also you may need to pull your units from battle if they are at low efficiency. Pull them to the rear and dont recommit them until they are at high/max efficiency. I do this whenever possible.

Even though God loves the infantry and thats why he always calls them to him first in battle, you really need to take care of your guys :D

simcc

Post by simcc » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:34 am

I am a PzC player as well. The biggest advice I can offer for OOB is that watch the supplies using spacebar.

Try not to attack any enemy unit that is full efficiency as it will hurt like hell. This game is more about cutting off supplies and finish them off. As it was design based on Pacific so the supply make a lot of sense. Any unit that is in the jungle for too long will be too weak to fight.

So for OOB always use spacebar and look for those big supply area and try to take it and cut off enemy supply. And also use cheap unit for first fight like engineers which will destroy any entrenchment which again is a big saver as entrenched unit can really deplete your core force and engineers are cheap to replace so use them well.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”