Iwo Jima Scn P-51

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Iwo Jima Scn P-51

Post by kondi754 »

One more thing, I captured the first airport during 11 rounds but didn't receive the promised Mustang.
Attachments
savegame Iwo.rar
(18.36 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
richfed
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Iwo Jima Scn P-51

Post by richfed »

Ditto!
GiveWarAchance
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by GiveWarAchance »

if this is bug you should put it in the tech support section so the developers will see it
jakemon
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by jakemon »

The Iwo Jima air field objective states you have to clear all enemies from a 3 hex radius. That seemed different from previous air field objectives. I did get the bonus unit after clearing the area.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

jakemon wrote:The Iwo Jima air field objective states you have to clear all enemies from a 3 hex radius. That seemed different from previous air field objectives. I did get the bonus unit after clearing the area.
I can read and understand what I was reading. :wink:
I cleaned the area around the airfield in 11 turns.
The task has been accomplished (appearing green marker), but didn't get the Mustang. :?
jakemon

Post by jakemon »

The bonus worked as advertised for me. I have a new install of version 2.9.9.

I wonder how the patch / upgrade process impacts this kind of stuff. There are some posts with screenshots of issues with the Specialization Tree- I wasn't impacted by those either.

Marines gave me the impression of being less polished than US Pacific. For example, some scenarios offered an unusable number of Command Points (11 air).
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

jakemon wrote:For example, some scenarios offered an unusable number of Command Points (11 air).
Need to be careful on this one. Sometimes it's by design in that you need to take an airfield or buy a carrier in order to have enough aircraft supply to support the air command points allowed.
- Bru
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

bru888 wrote:
jakemon wrote:For example, some scenarios offered an unusable number of Command Points (11 air).
Need to be careful on this one. Sometimes it's by design in that you need to take an airfield or buy a carrier in order to have enough aircraft supply to support the air command points allowed.
also there is the war economy perk which will move it up to 12 which is optimal for use
jakemon

Post by jakemon »

GiveWarAchance wrote:
bru888 wrote:
also there is the war economy perk which will move it up to 12 which is optimal for use
The Specialization track in my copy of US Marines does not include War Economy. (I do see it in Morning Sun.)

I don't recall a US Marines scenario that offered enough naval CPs to purchase a carrier. In US Pacific, a carrier purchase doesn't increase air CPs. The airfield objective bonus unit (e.g. this P-51) came without consuming air CPs.

No snark intended here. It does occur to me now the "11 mod 3" air CPs could have been used for air recon units. Thanks for the responses.
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

edit: there is war economy perk so you can even out the command points
I am just getting into the Marines campaign now so I will learn about it.
In the first mission there is an even 6 points for air for two planes. I bought a wildcat and douglas dive bomber.
I like bombers very much.
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

you have to scroll over to the right to see the War Economy perk at the top of the chart
that will even out your command points
jakemon

Post by jakemon »

Wow- I missed that horizontal scroller completely. There are a lot of specialization options there! Thank you.
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

jakemon wrote:Wow- I missed that horizontal scroller completely. There are a lot of specialization options there! Thank you.
Ya there are a lot of perks in that campaign. Now you have a good reason to play the campaign again.
jakemon

Post by jakemon »

Just replayed the campaign using the middle difficulty level. I received the bonus P-51 again- but only after clearing an invisible sniper who had infiltrated the 3 hex radius.

Now I'm starting to think about what changes with the difficulty levels, as well as replay randomness...
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

maybe that sniper is what was denying the plane to other people
I heard there is a fair bit of randomness with each playthrough which is good for replayability.
I'm replaying a pacific mission now and the enemy added in a torpedo bomber for extra fun.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”