You can not even change the UI after several Updates

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

bcnkor5
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

You can not even change the UI after several Updates

Post by bcnkor5 »

You can not even change the UI after several Updates.

Route of the images to change
Order of Battle - WW2_Data\Content\Graphics\UI
Order of Battle - WW2_Data\Content\Graphics\UI\Large
Order of Battle - WW2_Data\Content\Graphics\UI\Small

1-Example photos INACTIVE ICONS IN THE GAME:
stats_land_1024.png
button_field_1.png
button_cargo_high_1280.png
queue_tab_3_1280.png
queue_tab_4_1280.png
Attachments
Captura de pantalla 1.jpg
Captura de pantalla 1.jpg (78.4 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
Captura de pantalla 4.jpg
Captura de pantalla 4.jpg (85 KiB) Viewed 1498 times
Captura de pantalla 2.jpg
Captura de pantalla 2.jpg (106.55 KiB) Viewed 1498 times
Last edited by bcnkor5 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: You can not even change the UI after several Updates

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

bcnkor2 wrote:You can not even change the UI after several Updates.

Route of the images to change
Order of Battle - WW2_Data\Content\Graphics\UI
Order of Battle - WW2_Data\Content\Graphics\UI\Large
Order of Battle - WW2_Data\Content\Graphics\UI\Small

1-Example photos INACTIVE ICONS IN THE GAME:
So you're upset that the devs haven't decided to do something despite you spamming requests on practically every thread you post on?
bcnkor2 wrote:images
Image 1: So they haven't put in a new image for aircraft, land forces and boats? That doesn't surprise me.
Image 2: If this is the same as every other thread, you want a scroll bar for aircraft carriers. Again, it isn't necessary. Carriers in game aren't ever going to have >3 planes.
Image 3: They didn't put in a swastika (despite it being "historically accurate")? Have you forgotten swastikas are pretty much illegal in Germany and Austria?

As much as I would like to be nice about this, I've seen it that many times now that it is getting a bit ridiculous for me. Your proposed changes are pretty much NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. To some, like yourself, that is quite unfortunate. However, people were paid to make the original graphics, and those original graphics serve their purpose perfectly fine. Changing them would be a waste of developer resources that can be better applied to more important things, such as new content and fixing bugs.

If you want to be noticed, upload these files into a mod and make them downloadable. Put a link in your signature, as I have done, and leave it at that. I've gotten over 1000 downloads for my PzC mods, without throwing them in everyone's faces, so if people think your work is good then they will access it and leave you lots of kind feedback. If they don't like your work, then the developers adopting your new graphics would be seen as a poor decision and will only have negative effects for the game, which means less money for DLC etc.

Demanding that people do stuff for you isn't going to get you anywhere. Sorry, but that is simply how life works.

(Sorry moderators if I'm trying to do your job, but I hope you understand that I'm getting beyond sick of "download my stuff!!!!!")

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
bcnkor5

Post by bcnkor5 »

So you're upset that the devs have not decided to do anything despite you spamming requests on practically every thread you post on?

BiteNibbleChomp: No, I only put icons that do not work and are in the path of the last ones. There are icons that work and others that's not why I put it.
BiteNibbleChomp

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

I'm guessing there is a translation issue somewhere then, but "you cannot even change the UI..." comes across as "I demand you do something about this right now." Which is of course not the way to go about things.

However I have seen a lot of "bcnkor minimod" on this forum, and this thread came across a bit like that. I won't repeat myself about that though.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War

Return to “Order of Battle Series”