Heavy Steel preview

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Heavy Steel preview

Post by Andy2012 »

I think adherbal should post another fancy screenshot or even vid so that we can get back to the original topic of this thread...hinthint, nudge,nudge... :mrgreen:
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Well, we can't blab about Burma Road yet but it occurred to me that there ought to be some sort of advance publicity about it in the game itself by now, not just on the web site. Why not use this "message envelope" feature to announce it? Kriegmarine is old news now. Maybe retain some mention of it while at the same time announcing the upcoming Burma Road in a blended ad. Besides, we are up to patch 3.4.2 now.
Attachments
2017-07-24_04.jpg
2017-07-24_04.jpg (1007.02 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
- Bru
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Adherbal should be glad about one thing: this thread has been getting a lot of views. Here are the threads from the last two months, selected and sorted by last post date, with the most views (forget about my own thread, though; that's just me visiting it at least 3,000 times). Aside from Erik's monumental efforts, two of the biggest recent threads in terms of views have been this one and another one like it, talking about what's coming in the future. This proves that there are a lot of lurkers out there and it's not just us regulars hanging around and yakking.
Most Viewed Threads.jpg
Most Viewed Threads.jpg (75.65 KiB) Viewed 2140 times
Of course, THIS is what we should be aspiring to achieve! Someday . . . :)
2017-07-24_12.jpg
2017-07-24_12.jpg (100.23 KiB) Viewed 2140 times
- Bru
GiveWarAchance
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by GiveWarAchance »

bru maybe you can get a demon clicker app that sends hundreds of clicks per second (or thousands if you choose) electronically without actually clicking a real cheese eating mouse with your finger. You could create a mountain of views on any thread out of thin air (thin electricity?). You have been known to.... um.... use cheats before. :o
Last edited by GiveWarAchance on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Sorry, but moderators never cheat. (Except in private gameplay, when a darned scenario is just too damned tough. Then some "warbonds" may be in order. ;))
- Bru
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

Bru I think you got the goods to win any battle now without the warbonds. You are crusty veteran of the series. You need pump up your belief in yourself. We are all here cheering for you.
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

@bru: Well, if Burma Road will be a success and they keep Kerensky on the team for campaigns, the quality of DLCs should pull people here. Maybe add some marketing.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Andy2012 wrote:@bru: Well, if Burma Road will be a success and they keep Kerensky on the team for campaigns, the quality of DLCs should pull people here. Maybe add some marketing.
I don't know if you were on the beta team but if not, I can tell you that fellow has some good ideas. Interesting, novel approaches. He doesn't take too well to suggestions but then, who would, who put in that much work into their designs? I think you will see what I mean when Burma Road is released.
- Bru
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

bru888 wrote: I don't know if you were on the beta team but if not, I can tell you that fellow has some good ideas. Interesting, novel approaches. He doesn't take too well to suggestions but then, who would, who put in that much work into their designs? I think you will see what I mean when Burma Road is released.
Nope, not on beta team. Tried that once with Morning Sun, just felt like plowing through the misssions when I was already busy with work and real life. Reduces the game too much to a chore for me. Even though I might jump on the bandwagon with the next Wehrmacht DLC.
I think Kerensky then follows what adherbal once said about game design, 'have a vision, follow it, dont get distracted'. With gamers being fickle, annoying customers and sometimes know-it-alls (not you), this makes sense. After all, this is just economics - if your market is small, you cant spend too much time in development and redesign to hit your sales and ROI targets. Most people forget that this is a business, after all.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

I hear you. Well said.
- Bru

Return to “Order of Battle Series”