Can't get transport for captured equipment?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

best75
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Can't get transport for captured equipment?

Post by best75 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:19 am

I am playing the winter war campaign and captured a 122mm artillery in the Raate road scenario. I am at Arctic Fox and I now want to get transport for it but I can't seem to get transport for the unit without upgrading it to one of the weaker Finnish artillery units.

Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Can't get transport for captured equipment?

Post by Andy2012 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:49 am

best75 wrote:I am playing the winter war campaign and captured a 122mm artillery in the Raate road scenario. I am at Arctic Fox and I now want to get transport for it but I can't seem to get transport for the unit without upgrading it to one of the weaker Finnish artillery units.
Hm, that is odd. I remember buying a truck for that gun because without it, it is rather useless. I think you should post a screenshot or maybe upload a save so that somebody around here can take a look at it.

best75

Post by best75 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:37 am

Okay uploading the save game
Attachments
Winter war.saz.zip
(18.66 KiB) Downloaded 40 times

best75

Post by best75 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:23 am

A screenshot of the upgrade menu for the captured artillery. I can't get transport without changing to one of the weaker finnish artillery

Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:34 am

@best75: Looks like a bug. I think adherbal will take a look at this and fix it for the next patch. (Can take a day or two.) Thanks.

GiveWarAchance
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by GiveWarAchance » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:10 am

Those Finnish airplanes look good.

rupd3658
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by rupd3658 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:34 pm

I just had the same problem with the same unit. I had to upgrade (downgrade actually) it to a 105 to buy a truck.

best75

Post by best75 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:20 am

rupd3658 wrote:I just had the same problem with the same unit. I had to upgrade (downgrade actually) it to a 105 to buy a truck.
I decided to buy a new artillery unit to replace the captured 122mm. Right now its in my reserve and I am saving it for the upcoming defensive scenarios against the soviets.

JohnMcCarthy1
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by JohnMcCarthy1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:36 am

wait, you can capture units... how?
I still would like to know why there is no "live" multiplayer for this great game.

Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:36 am

JohnMcCarthy1 wrote:wait, you can capture units... how?
It is a side goal / reward in a few missions in Winter War (get Soviet equipment).

Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:38 am

@everybody: This will be easy to fix. Keep a save file and dont get angry.

LynxCom
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by LynxCom » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:42 am

best75 wrote:I am playing the winter war campaign and captured a 122mm artillery in the Raate road scenario. I am at Arctic Fox and I now want to get transport for it but I can't seem to get transport for the unit without upgrading it to one of the weaker Finnish artillery units.
I can confirm this. I had same problem. I could live with that though and I improvised. Transport the gun by a train (or naval transport).

best75

Post by best75 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:53 am

GiveWarAchance wrote:Those Finnish airplanes look good.
Yeah the strategic bomber is pretty useful for lowering the enemy efficiency since I encounter enemy tanks that I can't destroy if they are it full efficiency but I am finding the tactical bomber to be pretty useless, its not doing any damage at all against the enemy tanks.

GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:15 pm

best75 wrote:
Yeah the strategic bomber is pretty useful for lowering the enemy efficiency since I encounter enemy tanks that I can't destroy if they are it full efficiency but I am finding the tactical bomber to be pretty useless, its not doing any damage at all against the enemy tanks.
Good to know for when I play it. I did that sometimes in Panzercorp using strat bombers to immobilize deadly enemy tanks like JS-2 which are too costly to destroy with normal ground combat and strat bombers are much less vulnerable to defensive fire from ground units. I wish tactical bombers could damage tanks & ships good like in Panzercorps cause that is realistic as least with experienced pilots flying them. I wonder if your tac bombers can hurt tanks when the pilots have experience?

Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:55 pm

GiveWarAchance wrote:
best75 wrote:
Good to know for when I play it. I did that sometimes in Panzercorp using strat bombers to immobilize deadly enemy tanks like JS-2 which are too costly to destroy with normal ground combat and strat bombers are much less vulnerable to defensive fire from ground units. I wish tactical bombers could damage tanks & ships good like in Panzercorps cause that is realistic as least with experienced pilots flying them. I wonder if your tac bombers can hurt tanks when the pilots have experience?
Tacbombers work against tanks, but not that biplane. Stukas are very good and with the Ju87g cannon version will be even better. But tanks should be shelled with arty and then attacked either with other tanks, mobile AT, AT or experienced infantry. When encountering tanks, keep AT behind your infantry and set traps this way (camouflaged AT works best). Let the AT set the pace of your advance (along roads) and your infantry is never without protection against a tank attack.

GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:03 pm

That sounds like sound advice.
I love Stukas which I found out when I saw the movie Defiance, I was getting really depressed from watching Germans being murdered for the whole movie until the Stukas came and bombed the bandits. It was a moment of glory in a very dark, but realistic looking movie.

Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:40 pm

GiveWarAchance wrote:That sounds like sound advice.
I love Stukas which I found out when I saw the movie Defiance, I was getting really depressed from watching Germans being murdered for the whole movie until the Stukas came and bombed the bandits. It was a moment of glory in a very dark, but realistic looking movie.
Havent seen it and probably wont. Had enough Daniel Craig. But I dont think the Wehrmacht were the good guys in that movie.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”