When is the next DLC out?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

colberki
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

When is the next DLC out?

Post by colberki » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:54 am

I am done with Panzerkrieg, twice! When is the next DLC? :)

All these years, I still miss the original Panzer General German campaign Don't know why developers won't give us that albeit I like the OBB WWII campaign better than Panzer Corps.

Mujado
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: When is the next DLC out?

Post by Mujado » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:37 pm

Probably because Panzer Corps is the spiritual successor to Panzer General, and OOB is already quite similar to it, they don't want to make it too close.

Especially as Panzers Corps 2 is coming out now.

michacey
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by michacey » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:39 pm

While you are waiting for the next DLC to come out, you might consider playing some of the Custom scenarios and campaigns that are available for OOB WWII. There are a huge amount of them and they are very easy to download and install. You can find them under Order of Battle: World War II - Scenario Design.

ctskelly
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by ctskelly » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:51 am

While you are waiting for the next DLC to come out, you might consider playing some of the Custom scenarios and campaigns that are available for OOB WWII.
And some are even better than the DLCs. Erik Nygaard's in particular. Some have bugs or balance problems, but the game play design shows genius. I love scenarios where multiple strategic options exist, so you can try different things, like: flanking, encircling (Morning Sun was good for that), attacking enemy resources with bombers etc, but many of the Panzerkrieg battles force you into a strategy ("Take XXX by turn 4" etc). Erik, though, well, just go to the custom campaigns topic and try. He is one of my heroes.

conboy
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by conboy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:58 pm

ctskelly wrote:
While you are waiting for the next DLC to come out, you might consider playing some of the Custom scenarios and campaigns that are available for OOB WWII.
And some are even better than the DLCs. Erik Nygaard's in particular. Some have bugs or balance problems, but the game play design shows genius. I love scenarios where multiple strategic options exist, so you can try different things, like: flanking, encircling (Morning Sun was good for that), attacking enemy resources with bombers etc, but many of the Panzerkrieg battles force you into a strategy ("Take XXX by turn 4" etc). Erik, though, well, just go to the custom campaigns topic and try. He is one of my heroes.
I am playing some of Eric's now (Crete and Road to Moscow). They are a lot of fun in multiplayer. See you there!

Return to “Order of Battle Series”