reinstalling order

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

shadowx
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

reinstalling order

Post by shadowx »

so im having to reinstall the game since i had to do a recovery of my computer. i have all the dlc's and would like to know the order i need to install them in. please include the 32 bit and 64 bit version. i tried to install the 64 version but the basic game ww2 is a higher "version" than the earlier dlc's. i installed the basic one ww2 64b version 5.2.2 which only gave me the bootcamp campaign. then i installed the next version, 5.3.0 however the game still shows version 5.2.2 even though 5.3.0 claims its installed. im uninstalling now to start over and see what happens but if someone could list the order for each 32 and 64 bit it would help. tks.
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: reinstalling order

Post by Erik2 »

Use the 64bit version if your system is 64bit.

1) Install OrderOfBattle-WorldWarII-Setup64Release-v5.2.1
2) Install OrderOfBattle-WorldWarII-UpdateComp64-v5.3.0
3) Install whatever campaigns you have. Each installation will only check the serial, then finish.
shadowx
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by shadowx »

thanks. im re downloading 5.2.1 and 5.3.0 and im going to try to reinstall them. ive also run into the problem of after installing 5.2.1 and opening the game it tells me updates are available do i want to install, i click yes and the game freezes up/crashes. after rebooting computer i log back into the game and i have v. 5.2.2 and the updates are there, then i install 5.3 and i either get no update but the installation tells me i have or i get a black screen when i click on the game after it opens up. when i get to the screen that lets me choose between "unmoded" ww2 or london bliz mod the ww2 pic is black and when i click on it to play thats when i get the black screen. i had that happen the first time i tried to install. also for whatever reason when i install it isnt asking me for my key code like the other games have.
shadowx
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by shadowx »

yep its not working. i installed 5.2.1 then 5.3 and after 5.3 the original unmodded game is just black. i get a black screen when i click on either the original or battle of britain. ill try to install the 32 bit and see how that works.
shadowx
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by shadowx »

ok finally after 6 to 8 hrs and many uninstalls and reinstalls i got the 64 bit version to work. i had to install 5.2.1 first then do the updates that came automatically to 5.2.2. then i installed all the dlc's. then at the end i installed 5.3.0 from the games "check for updates" and it seems to be working although i havent played any scenarios yet so heres hoping everything works during the camps.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

It is probably the present of an earlier version that caused problems.
I did a fresh install on a laptop using my simple installation and it worked at first attempt.
richfed
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by richfed »

Has any of this changed? I have ALL DLCs, including Endseig. Running into an issue while reinstalling the entire game. Rather than ask for a serial #, the installation of US Pacific installs the entire original release in a subdirectory of the game [7.1.4 --- which is what I started with, thinking I could then just add serials]. Then, it wouldn't properly UNinstall. Had to use REVO to clean up the mess.

So, what is the easiest way to proceed with installing the entire series to date?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

richfed wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:51 pm Has any of this changed?
DO the following to install OoB:

1. Download 7.1.4 setup file from the Member's area.
2. Once you have finished downloading the file, please fully unzip the downloaded file "OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v7.1.4.zip" to a folder in your Hard Disk.
After unzipping, you should have two extracted files:
"OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v7.1.4.exe"
"OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v7.1.4.2"
3. Run "OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v7.1.4.exe".
4. When asked to insert the serial number, please click in the drop down menu "Select a New Product to Install... " and select "Order of Battle: Sandstorm" (for example).
Type your "Order of Battle: Sandstorm" serial number.
5. Click in the button "Check Serial".
You should see then the name"Order of Battle: Sandstorm" being added to the list of games displayed in the box named "Setup as detected a valid serial number for:".
6. Do the same for all your other expansions.
7. Then click on the "Next” button in order to proceed with the installation of the game.
richfed

Post by richfed »

Thank you. THAT was easy!
Halvralf
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Halvralf »

richfed wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:51 pm Thank you. THAT was easy!
I use Steam and never get those issues as it autoupdates via Steam.
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

Return to “Order of Battle Series”