Burma question?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

bruce1944
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Burma question?

Post by bruce1944 »

While playing thru the campaigns I found what I think may be an anomaly. The battle for Singapore is over I have driven all of the Japanese forces off the map , retaken every city and town. Now mind that this was done at the basic level. I was stunned to fine that I had lost the battle ! How come? The only objective not attained was retreat 4 units off the map. So what gives??? :D
CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Burma question?

Post by CoolDTA »

Evacuating the units is a primary objective so if you don't fulfil it, you end up losing the scenario.
bruce1944

Post by bruce1944 »

Seems a little silly to run four units off to save them in a battle the Japanese have lost, but if that's the explanation I guess I have to abide by it :D
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

True, but it' a game and made to be winnable by the players. How else could you shoot down all Jap planes during "Pearl Harbour" without losing any units yourself? Or practically wipe out the Soviet troops completely within every "Winter War" scenario? It's a game. And it has rules. :)

Return to “Order of Battle Series”