Different skins

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

terminator
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger
Posts: 4245
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm
Location: the loveliest country in the world

Re: Different skins

Post by terminator » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:48 pm

Look for the intruder

japanese malaya camo 41-42.jpg
japanese malaya camo 41-42.jpg (985.22 KiB) Viewed 508 times

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Posts: 3676
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Re: Different skins

Post by kondi754 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:31 pm

Yep, skin doesn't work for Japanese arty
I left this unit for comparison with Japan skin 37-40 :wink:

terminator
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger
Posts: 4245
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm
Location: the loveliest country in the world

Re: Different skins

Post by terminator » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:32 pm

The cab roof of these two trucks should have camouflage:

japanese malaya camo 41-42.jpg
japanese malaya camo 41-42.jpg (987.32 KiB) Viewed 494 times

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats
Posts: 3876
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:50 pm

Re: Different skins

Post by bebro » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:38 pm

Many of those 1930-40ies trucks came in variants with solid top, and canvas-like soft top. Example:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 6_1941.jpg

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Posts: 3676
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Re: Different skins

Post by kondi754 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:16 pm

bebro wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:38 pm
Many of those 1930-40ies trucks came in variants with solid top, and canvas-like soft top. Example:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 6_1941.jpg
So the cab is open from the top and this yellow one is just a tarpaulin/canvas :)
Like in Jeep Willys for example

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Posts: 3676
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Re: Different skins

Post by kondi754 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:08 am

BTW, interesting photo

Grenadiers, probably from 5th Jager-Div on Panther ausf.A from Viking-PzDiv near Warsaw, august 1944

grenadiers on Panther A.jpg
grenadiers on Panther A.jpg (826.75 KiB) Viewed 464 times

terminator
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger
Posts: 4245
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm
Location: the loveliest country in the world

Re: Different skins

Post by terminator » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:35 pm

kondi754 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:08 am
BTW, interesting photo

Grenadiers, probably from 5th Jager-Div on Panther ausf.A from Viking-PzDiv near Warsaw, august 1944
What’s the point of this picture? The Sturmgewehr 44 ?

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Posts: 3676
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Re: Different skins

Post by kondi754 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:54 am

Sturmgewehr, Jagers (light inf), exact shot of the commander's turret in version A, sniper rifle in the hands of a second soldier and MG-42 leaning against the turret of the tank, unusual beret on the head of the tank commander (French ? :wink: ) for example
Second screenshot shows Waffen SS tanker officer for comparison

Re: MG AA -> the MG (anti-aircraft) mount holder is empty because the tank crews removed this MG as unsuitable for combat with enemy aircraft

grenadiers on Panther A.jpg
grenadiers on Panther A.jpg (519.98 KiB) Viewed 407 times
scale75-1-35-ss-tanker-officer.jpg
scale75-1-35-ss-tanker-officer.jpg (174.5 KiB) Viewed 407 times

terminator
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger
Posts: 4245
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm
Location: the loveliest country in the world

Re: Different skins

Post by terminator » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:48 pm

kondi754 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:54 am
Sturmgewehr, Jagers (light inf), exact shot of the commander's turret in version A, sniper rifle in the hands of a second soldier and MG-42 leaning against the turret of the tank, unusual beret on the head of the tank commander (French ? :wink: ) for example
Second screenshot shows Waffen SS tanker officer for comparison

Re: MG AA -> the MG (anti-aircraft) mount holder is empty because the tank crews removed this MG as unsuitable for combat with enemy aircraft
The Black Panzer Beret seems not to be the same on the photo and on the picture ?

Are you sure it’s August, the soldiers look well dressed for the summer ?

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Posts: 3676
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Re: Different skins

Post by kondi754 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:51 pm

terminator wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:48 pm
kondi754 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:54 am
Sturmgewehr, Jagers (light inf), exact shot of the commander's turret in version A, sniper rifle in the hands of a second soldier and MG-42 leaning against the turret of the tank, unusual beret on the head of the tank commander (French ? :wink: ) for example
Second screenshot shows Waffen SS tanker officer for comparison

Re: MG AA -> the MG (anti-aircraft) mount holder is empty because the tank crews removed this MG as unsuitable for combat with enemy aircraft
The Black Panzer Beret seems not to be the same on the photo and on the picture ?

Are you sure it’s August, the soldiers look well dressed for the summer ?
No, definitely not - black panzer beret was in Panzerwaffe (Wehrmacht) mostly in early period of war. There was a cap with an German eagle and a skull in Waffen SS but the beret on the photo doesn't have these insignia

RE: August
This is how it was in the description of the photo, it was August 44 but it could actually be a mistake, however see the photo below - it is also the Waffen SS near Warsaw in August 44
I think it was chilly and it was raining that day

5cfa1cbfd9dff_p.jpg
5cfa1cbfd9dff_p.jpg (76.65 KiB) Viewed 341 times

Woocket
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:15 am

Re: Different skins

Post by Woocket » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:55 am

Very nice. Does anyone know how this works on the technical side? Is this a bind material/shader replacement or simply an overlay texture for a given 3D model?

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Posts: 3676
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Re: Different skins

Post by kondi754 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:02 pm

Woocket wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:55 am
Very nice. Does anyone know how this works on the technical side? Is this a bind material/shader replacement or simply an overlay texture for a given 3D model?
I'm not an expert but it is overlay texture IMO

GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3200
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Different skins

Post by GabeKnight » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:00 pm

I'm glad your skins made it to The Crate, Kondi, good work! :)

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Posts: 3676
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Re: Different skins

Post by kondi754 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:42 pm

GabeKnight wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:00 pm
I'm glad your skins made it to The Crate, Kondi, good work! :)
Thanks Gabe, it's your merit, because you mobilized me to sit down and show what can be done with some textures found on the web. :)

terminator
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger
Posts: 4245
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm
Location: the loveliest country in the world

Re: Different skins

Post by terminator » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:22 pm

Flecktarn

Capture d’écran (1251).png
Capture d’écran (1251).png (843.17 KiB) Viewed 213 times

Flecktarn_land_germany.png
Flecktarn_land_germany.png (386.2 KiB) Viewed 213 times

terminator
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger
Posts: 4245
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm
Location: the loveliest country in the world

Re: Different skins

Post by terminator » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:25 pm

Flecktarn WaffenSS

Capture d’écran (1254).png
Capture d’écran (1254).png (879.34 KiB) Viewed 211 times

FlecktarnSS5d_land_germany.png
FlecktarnSS5d_land_germany.png (258.02 KiB) Viewed 211 times

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats
Posts: 3876
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:50 pm

Re: Different skins

Post by bebro » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:45 pm

Looking good :)

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Posts: 3676
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Re: Different skins

Post by kondi754 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:31 pm

Very good, it's a interesting way of making camos IMO

GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3200
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Different skins

Post by GabeKnight » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:12 pm

Yeah, looks good, Mr.T., thanks!

Still not interested in having some of your camos inside the "Community Crate" (like Kondi)? The more the merrier... :D

terminator
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger
Posts: 4245
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm
Location: the loveliest country in the world

Re: Different skins

Post by terminator » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:01 am

Capture d’écran (1257).png
Capture d’écran (1257).png (823.59 KiB) Viewed 168 times

3colors(9d)_land_germany.png
3colors(9d)_land_germany.png (528.37 KiB) Viewed 168 times

Post Reply

Return to “Order of Battle Series”