Vote for next dlc

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Vote for next dlc

Post by bru888 »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:55 pm Dear Aristocrats, can we expect next dlc before PC2 release?!? Now that PC2 Devs has started Diary we could loose interest about OOB... ;)
Little concurrency can stimulate business... ;)
That diary was quite useful to me. As soon as I opened it, I got turned off by the game screen print in the very first post. An immediately negative reaction. Call me superficial, but I cannot get into a game that looks like that after having played OOB.

I don't say this to butter anybody up. In fact, OOB better get a move on because I have a feeling that PC2 is going to clean its clock, so to speak. I'm not going to go into what I have said in the past about communication, documentation, and marketing but the Artistocrats (not "aristocrats" by the way; hardly :wink: ) would do well to play up two aspects of OOB if they can: 1) It's global and encompassing, not just Europe and not just panzers; and 2) It looks better. The PC2 diary confirms it.
- Bru
Duplex
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Duplex »

Yes, not just Europe and panzers. WE NEED CHINAAAAA. AAAAUUUGGHHHH.

Lol
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator
Mojko
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Mojko »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:55 pm Dear Aristocrats, can we expect next dlc before PC2 release?!? Now that PC2 Devs has started Diary we could loose interest about OOB... ;)
I read the PC2 diary and I must say I'm not impressed. Btw I completely ignored how the game looks as that is labeled as alpha and it's not fair to judge a game by its looks in alpha. I did go through the list of features and here is what I think:

Overrun - Bad

hated this feature in Panzer General 2 because it makes squishy units much less viable. The thing I like about OOB is that there are viable strategies which use weak units like engineers.

Encirclements - Good

this is basically imported from OOB. Works well in OOB so I think I will like it in PC2 as well

Splitting units - Bad

This provides unnecessary complexity and potential to be exploited. It also makes balancing scenarios more difficult. Doesn't work well will above mentioned Overrun mechanic.

Captured units - Bad

While I like using captured units in the campaign, these are carefully balanced. Having this as a core mechanic can be a nightmare from scenario designer point of view.

Unique hero abilities - Bad

Hated this in Panzer General 3. Once again this makes the balancing of the campaign a nightmare because if these abilities are actually good you may end up with overpowered units. I thought that they would learn their lesson from overpowered leaders in PC 1 that had to be banned in a patch.

Air and Naval Warfare - Good

The description of the feature is quite vague to comment on but overall PC 2 really needs more focus on Air and Naval warfare. I always thought that Air and Naval Warfare in PC 1 was just an afterthought.

Overall, I'm not impressed, but there is still plenty of information that we don't know about the game so I will keep an eye out for new features :wink:.
Author and maintainer of Unit Navigator Tool for Order Of Battle (http://mfendek.byethost16.com/)
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

By the way, I’m joking, I love OOB and I’m sure I’ll love it also when PC2 will be relased, also if it will be great... I would only provocate Artistocrats to announce next dlc soon... ;)
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

Mojko wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:59 pm
I read the PC2 diary and I must say I'm not impressed. Btw I completely ignored how the game looks as that is labeled as alpha and it's not fair to judge a game by its looks in alpha.
Agree that Devs can greatly improve the graphics later, but they will not change it completely ...
The graphics that I saw now don't suit me completely, I know with certainty that I will not change my mind at the stage of Beta or the final version.
I expected something completely different. That's all
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

I don't know the release date for PzC 2 or if there is a hard ETA set already, so can't answer that.

I have no specific insights into the development of PzC 2, or its schedule.

That all in mind I'd assume producing a DLC is usually less workload than developing a full new game.
edward77
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by edward77 »

Carry on from Kursk with KonigsTiger, JagPzV, etc

Return to “Order of Battle Series”