Oh, cool, with naval action again. Now I really DO get to use my King George BB...
- Wow, the simultaneous bombardment of that many
coastal guns and fortresses just looks IMPRESSIVE!
I really hope somebody else also does this feature in their upcoming scenarios in the future...really cool...
- There's a road through a lake near (south of) Boghar
- There are just too many subs in the port of the eastern town of MersElKebir (seven or something clogging the coast for me - and no way out for them!). They were just massacred when they had to resurface. The sub harassment works overall in this scen, but not very good like this.
- The "Vichy naval attack" popup has no pic and you should add somewhere the phrase [Objectives change], as I get new prim. and sec. objectives
- The "destroy Vichy capital ships" sec. obj. is checked "complete" from the start
- You're giving me too many ships, destroyers especially. On the east with the Vichy naval forces present, that's okay, but in the center and the far west, there's no such heavy naval force necessary
- all the arriving German planes add into the "destroy Vichy air units" sec. obj.; probably not intended
- you may want to change the airstrips and/or add some airfields to the eastern border near DjidJelli instead, otherwise the numerous German planes have nowhere to land/take-off properly
- you should recheck the prim. obj. trigger "capt. port ..." ; it's not triggering complete (even on scenario end)
- also recheck the sec. obj. VP count, as it checked "complete", although I did not take the eastern two airfields yet
- there's a core Polish DD
spawning after taking some beach near Alger. You want to change that...
- I've got 16 spec points for this mission, I guess there's some trigger error
- Don't know if the spawn of the second Vichy naval group next to the spawn of my carriers on the same turn is really a good idea. Couldn't save them. And I think they may even count into the "don't lose capital ships" PRIMARY objective...
- The prim. obj. "don't lose capital ships" either includes the carriers or is checked "failed" from the start (or both
- do cruisers count as capital ships? I've lost an aux. one in the heat of the battle after some twenty or so German planes spawned over my head on turn 10-12...
So I actually don't know if I've won or lost this scenario... and the two lost carriers are on you!
- please don't make the same mistake as others and begin spawning enemy units right in the middle of the battlefield next to my units. It can work okay (usually for airforce units), but often doesn't. I'd suggest a predeployed naval force on the western borders and move my battle group a bit to the west. (Or the spawn has to happen away from the player, and for that you'll have to add some more sea hexes on top, and I wouldn't suggest that, the map is big enough as it is).
- why not use my core airforce instead? Yeah, I've got 6 air-CP after I took some airfields, but at that time the land-battle was effectively over
- same goes for my land core units: last mission I've had like 130 land-CP, now only about 30-40. Remove some aux. unis and let me choose my deployment
- my naval deployment should be with the attack on the east and not west! The western forces doesn't need the help of my naval core
- each town with supply output should have a static
garrison unit preplaced
. The AI always wants to secure supply hexes and thus often breaks formation or cover. And not just in this mission...
- you shouldn't put roads on "rough desert" hexes, they're impassable for all mechanized units and transports. Only trains and infantry can cross.