Musikmod

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

Witti44
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Musikmod

Post by Witti44 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:48 am

Hi,

is there a music-/soundmod for OOB with music like in pacific general for more pacificatmosphere in the game?

thx for help :)

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Musikmod

Post by bru888 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:39 am

Witti44 wrote:Hi,

is there a music-/soundmod for OOB with music like in pacific general for more pacificatmosphere in the game?

thx for help :)
I have never seen one. It would require creating a mod because, as the developer said in the third post of that thread in response to somebody asking about editing sounds, "Most of content is packed into resource files. That's the way Unity works. I'll see if I can upload the sounds files somewhere though [I don't think he ever did]. But if you just want to replace or add sounds effects you can do so by copying the effects.txt to the mod folder and adjusting the sfx and audio entries in there."
- Bru

GabeKnight
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by GabeKnight » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:58 am

The music's stored in the content\music folder. Also terminator changed some intro music in his "Forgotten Units" mod. The only challenge would be to find the right/suitable pieces and to convert them to the OGG format. The in-game Implementation should be simple.

bru888

Post by bru888 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:40 pm

Yes, thanks Gabe. I was just coming back to post that I found some music and sound files with which you can tinker directly, it seems:

C:\Program Files\Slitherine\Order of Battle - WWII\Order of Battle - WW2_64_Data\Content\Music
C:\Program Files\Slitherine\Order of Battle - WWII\Order of Battle - WW2_64_Data\Content\Sound

Content\Sound is limited; it seems to be just the ditties played when changing sides during the game. Content\Music is more varied, however, and I would think it would be as simple as taking custom music files of the same format and renaming them to match these:
Capture1044.jpg
Capture1044.jpg (290.62 KiB) Viewed 592 times
Other sounds, however, like battle and vehicle noises, are embedded in files like resources.assets and are therefore inaccessible as far as I know.
- Bru

terminator
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by terminator » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:50 pm

GabeKnight wrote:The music's stored in the content\music folder. Also terminator changed some intro music in his "Forgotten Units" mod. The only challenge would be to find the right/suitable pieces and to convert them to the OGG format. The in-game Implementation should be simple.
To convert music to OGG format, I use this : https://www.online-convert.com/
Convertisseur.JPG
Convertisseur.JPG (146.52 KiB) Viewed 588 times

GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:30 pm

terminator wrote:To convert music to OGG format, I use this : https://www.online-convert.com/
Great, one problem solved. :)

Now I'm wondering what the numbers behind the nation's names relate to. Could be random picks (like with the sound files) or weather/climate related or something, don't know. I like the music overall, but never payed attention when or if it changes in-game...(?)

terminator
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by terminator » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:40 pm

GabeKnight wrote:
terminator wrote:To convert music to OGG format, I use this : https://www.online-convert.com/

Now I'm wondering what the numbers behind the nation's names relate to. Could be random picks (like with the sound files) or weather/climate related or something, don't know. I like the music overall, but never payed attention when or if it changes in-game...(?)
It is necessary to settle the parameters to have more or less the same size of file at the exit.

I cannot add new musics to a nation. I wanted to add the Japanese musics to the USSR for example but it does not work ????

bru888

Post by bru888 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:18 pm

terminator wrote:I cannot add new musics to a nation. I wanted to add the Japanese musics to the USSR for example but it does not work ????
You have, of course, tried changing this value to "japan"?
Capture1047.jpg
Capture1047.jpg (23.85 KiB) Viewed 573 times
- Bru

terminator
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by terminator » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:53 pm

bru888 wrote:
terminator wrote:I cannot add new musics to a nation. I wanted to add the Japanese musics to the USSR for example but it does not work ????
You have, of course, tried changing this value to "japan"?
Capture1047.jpg
Not exactly, I have changed this value to ussr (music = ussr) and renamed "japan_1_1.ogg" to "ussr_1_1.ogg".

bru888

Post by bru888 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:29 pm

terminator wrote:Not exactly, I have changed this value to ussr (music = ussr) and renamed "japan_1_1.ogg" to "ussr_1_1.ogg".
I would try it the other way, then. Notice that there has been no new music since Finland so this is the way they have been handling it in themes.txt ever since that time. Thus Yugoslavia plays USA music. :wink:
- Bru

Admiral_Horthy
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Admiral_Horthy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:32 pm

Custom music files do not work in the mod folder... unfortunately, they need to be in the game content/music folder. (64bit in case of me)

GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:47 pm

Admiral_Horthy wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:32 pm
Custom music files do not work in the mod folder... unfortunately, they need to be in the game content/music folder. (64bit in case of me)
Sorry, but wrong again. For example, it works within terminator's "Forgotten Units" mod and the newly posted "Götterdämmerung" mod...
(again, at least it works for me)

terminator
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by terminator » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:09 am

Admiral_Horthy wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:32 pm
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=374&t=86506

GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:18 pm

Seems you're both right and there's actually some minor bug in the implementation of new music files into mods. Works only to a degree. Posted in tech. support.

Admiral_Horthy

Post by Admiral_Horthy » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:08 pm

Custom wav are contrary, they only work in Mod folder, but not in the game content... That's why I had to make a Mod. Did not regret however))

TheFilthyCasual
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by TheFilthyCasual » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:59 pm

GabeKnight wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:30 pm

The first number is the song number. The second number is the variation of that song.

Version 1 plays during mission briefings and and 2 plays once you start the game.

GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:15 pm

TheFilthyCasual wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:59 pm
The first number is the song number. The second number is the variation of that song.

Version 1 plays during mission briefings and and 2 plays once you start the game.
I see. Thanks, good to know.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”