Sandstorm - Malta - Really???

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

tula1959
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Sandstorm - Malta - Really???

Post by tula1959 »

So just tried the Malta scenario a few times.... Despite the promise of air support after a few airfields were captured, and the talk of the sea invasion force, I saw neither of these as I advanced through the scenario... Captured two airfields on turn Two and held them throughout... Are we really expected to capture the primary objectives with only the six Para units that we start the game with????? I kept waiting for reinforcements but nothing ever showed up???? The naval battle was a good one however!!
Mojko
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: Sandstorm - Malta - Really???

Post by Mojko »

I fell into the same trap. The sea invasion force is added into your reserve forces.
Author and maintainer of Unit Navigator Tool for Order Of Battle (http://mfendek.byethost16.com/)
cutydt02
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by cutydt02 »

Airforce comes 6 points per airfield, but its your core, not auxiliary unit
elconfederado
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by elconfederado »

I'm on turn 26 and I have a reserve force but how do you bring them into action? I am still fighting with my original German paratroopers. I control the airfields and have completed all but one of the secondary objectives. How do I get the Italians to show up? Where's the Folgore Division?
tula1959
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tula1959 »

Ok! I finally figured this out! The additional air/land units show up as Resource Points when trigger by your actions! When you hold an airfield or two, look at your air RP and will see some, so you can then deploy some air units! Then when you destroy Two coastal batteries again look at your RP and will see Italian and German RP so can deploy land units ( these can be deployed directly on land and do not come in as a sea invasion force!)

Thanks to Mojco's tip above I went back and looked closer at what was happening and saw all this - if playing it in the Campaign the forces come from your Core - if playing just as a scenario you have to purchase all of them....
elconfederado

Post by elconfederado »

I just figured it out too. I had to achieve all secondary objectives. Now it's on!

Return to “Order of Battle Series”